IGNORED

.BIN Repository - Images for cartridges that require "burning" - (NO LONGER UPDATED OR SUPPORTED)

Omega-TI

Thank you for the reply Omega (I have the extractor), but a good idea not to push them till the bottom (this is the first time doing it)

Maybe for next UberGrom versions it is good to have this flip type on the module as well (flip type PLCC programming socket)

so that it is easier to burn several 49F040s and switch between them (if the socket is not too big to close the shell of the cartridge) ?

I use a ZIF socket on a black board (ROM only), which is almost certainly a lower form than the flip type PLCC socket, and the clam shell cannot be closed. That really does not concern me, however, because it is a development board that I use mostly for testing before I let a cartridge loose into the wild. :grin:

...lee

• Like 1

A flip-type PLCC socket will not fit into the cartridge case--and it will even get in the way of some of the other components on the board if you don't mount it on appropriately-sized pogo pins. I have seen one UberGROM with one mounted, but that was a serious cartridge case/board mod. . .

I usually limit my use of ZIF sockets to the 28, 32, or 42 pin sizes for regular EPROMs. Aries sockets work best here. . .

• Like 1

I made some vinyl labels of the last iteration of your label--they came out pretty good. . .

The Previous Version was not the final one :P the title was wrong and missing some infos... this is the final version ;)

(Please remember to answer my PMs too :P )

Edited by ti99iuc

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to see that someone is still thinking about this board! :thumbsup:

Besides... my burner is getting lonely just sitting there not being used. :_(

I got mine today. Not sure what I'm going to do with it after I get through soldering all the pins to the boards that need them ...

post-48993-0-35238900-1485580766_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there anything special you have to do to get some of these to run in classic99? I've DL'ed a bunch of them, but so far only the Atarisoft cart works, sabrewulf and the scrolling trilogy (except scramble) has garbled sprites. The 1MB and 2MB carts aren't recognized, nor are the regular multi game carts.

Is there anything special you have to do to get some of these to run in classic99? I've DL'ed a bunch of them, but so far only the Atarisoft cart works, sabrewulf and the scrolling trilogy (except scramble) has garbled sprites. The 1MB and 2MB carts aren't recognized, nor are the regular multi game carts.

they should all load as a cartridge in classic99 from the user cart menu.. make sure you have the latest classic99 first, as older version may not support the same filename conventions or cart sizes. inverted carts need a 9 on the end of their filename and noninverted an 8

Greg

War Zone II by Quinton Tormanen is one of the most impressive, smooth scrolling games for the TI, but so far it has only been possible to play it from disk because it consists of more than 20 files.

post-35226-0-39523200-1490210396_thumb.png post-35226-0-29985700-1490210410_thumb.png

Not any longer. :) In the attached version I have joined the files together in a 128K, non-inverted cartridge image and replaced the calls to load from disk with calls to copy from cartridge ROM. It seems to work well, the only problem being that the high-score file can no longer be saved. I have tested that it works on real hardware, but I haven't completed more than a few levels.

This should work directly with the FG99 when it's released. Until then it can be burned to a red cart or an UberGROM cart.

War Zone II-8.bin

War Zone II-512K-8.bin

War Zone II.rpk

• Like 11

War Zone II by Quinton Tormanen is one of the most impressive, smooth scrolling games for the TI, but so far it has only been possible to play it from disk because it consists of more than 20 files.

attachicon.gifscreenshot1.png attachicon.gifscreenshot2.png

Not any longer. :) In the attached version I have joined the files together in a 128K, non-inverted cartridge image and replaced the calls to load from disk with calls to copy from cartridge ROM. It seems to work well, the only problem being that the high-score file can no longer be saved. I have tested that it works on real hardware, but I haven't completed more than a few levels.

This should work directly with the FG99 when it's released. Until then it can be burned to a red cart or an UberGROM cart.

Yesssssssssssssssss! Rasmus, you ARE the man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;-)

** EDIT ** Just finished burning it and testing. Works GREAT!

Edited by --- Ω ---

Xevious! That's impressive, I never saw this one :)

Quinton was a teenager when he wrote that among other games. He even had an assembly language series in the NOVA (Vancouver, WA) newsletter. Sadly very few NOVA newsletters survive, or have made it to WHTECH for archiving. Some of his other games are at the << TIGAMESHELF >>.

Click the above link and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. The last 5 are Quinton's work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple of questions -

I discovered, by opening the cart, that the Turboforth I won at FW is a Green board hackable to 128.

Question 1 - How do I know if this was hacked already or not?

Question 2 - If not, where can I find instructions to hack it?

Question 3 - If not hacked, what images work for it?

Questions 4 - If hacked (now or later), what images work for it?

I've never burned a cart before but I have the tools (mini Pro and eeproms of various sizes). I know it may be an obsolete art but I can't help wanting to try and learn it anyway. My first attempt would be to burn my Zombie game and Musick Program when it's done. It's a 32k game so I assume it would work with the green board as is hacked or not. What about if I wanted to add both using module creator?

EDIT: I think I found the answers here although the hack confuses me a little as I don't really understand all the info, especially the TI utilities used as I thought I only needed a minipro -
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/219172-64k128k-cart-rom-image-collection/

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Agree that WarZone II is a jaw dropping smooth scroller (vastly superior to the majority of Xevious ports (Xevious being the closest comparison) on other era systems), and am glad that there will be a way to contain it on a FGR99, but sorry, high score saving on a game like this (where a single game can last a considerable length of time) is just too important a feature to give up.

Your conversion does a great service to introduce the game to folks who have never seen it (and they WILL be blown away), but I'll be sticking to the disc version so I don't lose high score saves - a feature sadly missing in cartridge based games. A hybrid would be nice...where levels would load from cartridge ROM, but high scores would still save/load to/from disk.

But again, kudos for this conversion which will make the game accessible to a whole new slew of potential addicts!

• 1 month later...

Not sure why I'm finding this difficult - I'm searching for cart images that will specifically work with a Green Cart (not 128k hacked). Is there a general image type I should be looking for (like all 32k images should work or something?). I just received 20 x 27512 eeproms and want to start playing around with cart images but don't know what I can use and what will not work at all with this cart. My first attempt, at some point this afternoon will be Turboforth. i understand i should fill the cart when dealing with smaller (8k) bins so there is no empty space. And I understand that it's the same bin. Like for Turboforth; Since it is only 8k, I should fill the eeprom space with that very same TF image. I may have asked this before but cannot locate the answer.