IGNORED

.BIN Repository - Images for cartridges that require "burning" - (NO LONGER UPDATED OR SUPPORTED)

Omega-TI

Thanks, I found something, but now I am just wondering why I get 2 totally different chips here on eBay.

I think the smaller one shown here is the AT49F040 ?

attachicon.gifatmeg.JPG

You need the DIP-40 one. Isn't this one cheaper:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATMEGA1284P-PU-Atmel-Microcontroller-AVR-Mega-DIP-40-/161241448553?hash=item258abd4069:g:tQcAAOxy69JTFyuT

• Like 1

Some cartridges are so damn good, that you either never want to remove them from your computer, or they are packed with so much goodness they raise the standard. These file(s) are highlighted and classified as so good, you NEED them in your collection.

Rasmus' image/post in Message # 68 wins the second gallery_35324_1027_3214.png for TOTALLY AWESOME BIN IMAGE, (it'll probable be updated as time goes on). Now the first without a doubt had to go to the late Tony (Gazoo) Kneer for his Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite cartridge. The two image files have been marked with a little "gallery_35324_1027_3214.png" to make them easier to locate.

Picks for awards are not really based on a set criteria, it's going to be up to you guys, (we'll probably have a poll). Things to consider could be:

1) Overwhelming "WOW FACTOR"... does the cartridge blow you away?

2) Quality of "JAM PACKINESS"... 100 crap files is not as good as 50 most excellent selections.

3) Utility... does the compilation really fill a need or is it just filler? (Using it often is a clue!)

4) "FUN FACTOR" does the cartridge increase your "enjoyment quotient".

5) "NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE"... who know's this could be anything.

Even if you have ZERO SKILL in making cartridges, feel free to chime in if you think there is 'something' that would be cool to have or a 'need' that has never been filled. Ultimately it's the "Average Joe" that uses these wonderful gifts from the TI-gods. You just might have the idea that motivates the NEXT BIG THING.

Edited by --- Ω ---

There was an image Gazoo made before he passed on that I cannot seem to re-locate to include in message #2. IIRC it was a utility that went into the Atmega 1284 that would scan the 49F040 and create it's own menu from the images burned into the ROM chip. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Oh, BTW message #2 was recently updated... just look for the little red NEW.

Some cartridges are so damn good, that you either never want to remove them from your computer, or they are packed with so much goodness they raise the standard. These file(s) are highlighted and classified as so good, you NEED them in your collection.

Rasmus' image/post in Message # 68 wins the second gallery_35324_1027_3214.png for TOTALLY AWESOME BIN IMAGE, (it'll probable be updated as time goes on). Now the first without a doubt had to go to the late Tony (Gazoo) Kneer for his Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite cartridge. The two image files have been marked with a little "gallery_35324_1027_3214.png" to make them easier to locate.

gallery_35324_1072_170654.gif

Picks for awards are not really based on a set criteria, it's going to be up to you guys, (we'll probably have a poll). Things to consider could be:

1) Overwhelming "WOW FACTOR"... does the cartridge blow you away?

2) Quality of "JAM PACKINESS"... 100 crap files is not as good as 50 most excellent selections.

3) Utility... does the compilation really fill a need or is it just filler? (Using it often is a clue!)

4) "FUN FACTOR" does the cartridge increase your "enjoyment quotient".

5) "NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE"... who know's this could be anything.

Even if you have ZERO SKILL in making cartridges, feel free to chime in if you think there is 'something' that would be cool to have or a 'need' that has never been filled. Ultimately it's the "Average Joe" that uses these wonderful gifts from the TI-gods. You just might have the idea that motivates the NEXT BIG THING.

Would have been nice with an objective pinned repository.

I agree. I nice thought, but I think you should remove those medals again.

I also don't think the Funware images belong here. I'm sure most of us have a collection of several hundreds of these images that could be listed, but this would clutter up the repository. But where are the Forth carts, RXB and Cortex Basic?

And could you please increase the font size of the tables in post #2?

Thanks,

Rasmus

• Like 2

Well, perfection still eludes... that's why I thought the next one would be by POLL, because it's simply impossible to please everyone, no matter what one does or how hard ones tries. I figured it might spur some new activity and development, generate some fun and someone would win a nice prize. Seeing the last two messages, I realize it's not worth it.. So yeah, I'll take the little medals down.

• Like 1

Someone has to post the things before I can link to them, if they are already posted, please give me a link in a PM or something. I waste enough time on AA as it is and don't have all the time in the world to hunt down every .BIN in existence.

I'll see what I can do about the font size without it wrapping to the next line, which is why I made it smaller.

• Like 2

Well, perfection still eludes... that's why I thought the next one would be by POLL, because it's simply impossible to please everyone, no matter what one does or how hard ones tries. I figured it might spur some new activity and development, generate some fun and someone would win a nice prize. Seeing the last two messages, I realize it's not worth it.. So yeah, I'll take the little medals down.

Oh, I didn't realize they were that small.

Yea, well, it has generated some activity. Before I go develop and have fun, and before you drop the idea, - could you tell me more about the nice price ?

@Fritz442 Thanks for the excellent photo of the "RED" board! :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

Now all we need is a good quality example of a "Yellow" board. Anyone?

Yellow board attached.

You might want to take that other pic off of the yellow board.. it's a prototype 16K or 32K board. heheh... (and my kitchen table too) :)

post-22866-0-86423800-1447448153_thumb.jpg

post-22866-0-38383400-1447448159_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

You might want to take that other pic off of the yellow board.. it's a prototype 16K or 32K board. heheh... (and my kitchen table too) :)

HA HA! I'll do that as soon as I am able. :) This thread has been up for one month now, which means I can no longer update message 1 or message 2 until Albert goes in and makes the setting changes. I've sent him a PM requesting the editing settings be modified. Sooooo,,, until then....

Thanks for the pic!

• Like 1

ah sorry, I mean if this BIN-thread here goes to the subforum "Development" it maybe "vanishes"

Okay. ;)

Yes, the Development forum is indeed a "subforum" to the main forum (which also has the alias http://ti99.atariage.com). So technically things could be said to "vanish"/move "out of sight" if they move from "the forum" to "the subforum". Also a bit sad I think if that's the state of the Development forum.

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1

yes, I know. From my personal "non-programmer´s" point of view I can only say that I like to have the extra developer´s subforum,

as this "divides" the whole "thread-traffic" for me into a good sense & order.

For me this means NOT to get overwhelmed with all this programming tasks & informations while surfing in the "consumers" forum.

So the main forum is nice for me, with all the things I am watching all the day....

And maybe, for the developers/programmers on "the other side", they are happy only to have the programmer´s threads

in the subforums´main page... (maybe, but I don´t know for sure, and I cannot speak for other people, of course :)

But I think, at last, and as an example for that, it is Omegas call here WHERE to place&pin this really great thread, as it is his one.....

but my opinion only... nothing more :)

• 2 weeks later...

All, pardon me for asking this noob question. Do I understand well that if I purchase one of these uber cartridges that can emulate GROMs via bank switching (512k) then one can load programs directly from TI without needing an EPROM programmer. As if you have flash memory cartridge. I ask this because I am very interested in starting to do some software development to place on cartridges but having to unplug the EPROM and placing it in a programmer and then putting back in a cartridge to test it might be a little too much. Maybe once a person refines a cartridge to the point to mass market then I understand that you would need to flash 8K EPROMS using the conventional way.

Another question I know how to identify the GROM in the TI but I am confused on the GROMS in modern cartridges. Is it that people are now emulating GROMS using modern chips which are not really GROMS but Electrically Erasable Read Only Memories? Can you point me to some documentation that explains what goes into legacy cartridges and what goes into modern carts.

• Like 2