IGNORED

SEGA Genesis Controller Joystick for Intellivision On EBAY?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Genesis-Mod-Controller-Joystick-for-Intellivision-/301737387252?hash=item4640f324f4

I am sure some of you guys have seen this, has anybody used one? I know there has been worked done in the past to build and adapter for the Sega controllers, but this seems to be all self contained. I would think this would involve more than just re wiring the Sega controller? I was thinking about one for playing Pac Man and Burgertime.

Thanks

Forrest

I've never tried it, but the NES Advantage would be a cool one to have for 4 direction arcade style games.

i got my high score in carol vs the world using an nes advantage. Only issue with the advantage is if you slip while pressing joystick one direction it will spring back and hit the opposite direction which in christmas carol makes you run the opposite direction. Worked really good for me. I had to sit on it to use joystick with my right hand. It would be a good controller to mod to use on 4-way games

I just brought mine for the Colecovision since my primary Coleco hand controller is kinda wearing out. It works, but the only issue is that it can't use fire1 and fire2 button at the same time. It either fire1 or fire 2. However, the 2 keypad button mapped to A button and Start button can be used at the same time along with fire1 or fire2. However, Coleco hand controller can send fire1 and fire2 at the same time.

If you want to play Super Zaxxon, you can only pick difficulty 1 or 2. If you push the difficulty button on the hand controller, you have to use that controller to play through the game. Even if you press 5 to continue the game, it'll reset your game and force you to play with that controller and not the Genesis controller. Wow, for a Sega game, it sure doesn't like Sega Genesis controller. Now do I risk breaking my IC chip swapping them while the unit is on? Maybe... but not worth the trouble.

All the games I played are pretty good with the controller.

i got my high score in carol vs the world using an nes advantage. Only issue with the advantage is if you slip while pressing joystick one direction it will spring back and hit the opposite direction which in christmas carol makes you run the opposite direction. Worked really good for me. I had to sit on it to use joystick with my right hand. It would be a good controller to mod to use on 4-way games

You had to sit on the joystick? There's no way Rev is going to let that one slip by unnoticed and without a comment. ?

• Like 2

I guess I was talking about this http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220851-intellivision-controller-adapters-what-input-controller-should-be-used/?hl=%2Bsega+%2Badapter&do=findComment&comment=2906777 not the mini dildo on the Atari Joy Stick :ahoy: Seems the seller on EBAY has figured out a way to do it all in the controller and without and extra power supply.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Genesis-Mod-Controller-Joystick-for-Intellivision-/301737387252?hash=item4640f324f4

I am sure some of you guys have seen this, has anybody used one? I know there has been worked done in the past to build and adapter for the Sega controllers, but this seems to be all self contained. I would think this would involve more than just re wiring the Sega controller? I was thinking about one for playing Pac Man and Burgertime.

Thanks

Forrest

Don't know for sure, but I would think it's just rewiring. They only claim four directions and this can be done with just rewiring. If someone does an eight-way than something more intelligent might be needed. I think as it is, if you try a diagonal direction it will probably go at a 22.5deg angle rather than 45deg. Would be cheaper if you did the modification yourself.

edit:

This is a good idea for Intellivision games that are only four or two directions. An eight-way controller would be a waste as you would likely prefer to have sixteen directions. The only eight direction Intellivision game I can think of is Maze-a-tron.

Edited by mr_me