IGNORED

Preparing GOTY 2015

vprette

Take Over. How could I miss one? Hell! I know Game Factory was Pulled or CMart bought them all. I'm stuck with a whole bunch of Boxes for Game Factory and Go For the Gold!

Not until I know if I can get any games. I think you can still get them on EBay. I know he was getting low! I need to count how many I have. I may have 5 of Game Factory.

Are you interested in selling any of those boxes? :)

I don't think I've even seen a pic of Takeover. Never heard of it until just now.

I'm pretty sure Takeover is on Intellivision Lives!. More on the BSR's site. Takeover was one of the games I used to test jzIntv's colored squares mode very early on.

So, for a game to be considered for GOTY 2015, does it actually have to been released in 2015, or just available for CIB purchase in 2015, or...? Takeover was programmed over 30 years ago, and released on Intellivision Lives! almost 20 years ago.

What's the rules?

EDIT: For that matter, Number Jumble and Brickout were also both on Intellivision Lives!. You can even see Eric Del Sesto and Tom Priestley demo Number Jumble (along with some interesting, erm, easter eggs) in this video from the 80s. And Game Factory was on Intellivision Rocks!.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2

Takeover is a very good strategy game that never got its due. There aren't any gameplay videos or even images out there (aside from game start screenshots) probably because without a proper instruction manual, it's hard to figure out how to play. But that's about to be remedied.

Same is even more true for Land Battle. And again, it should soon get a proper release.

Does that qualify them for GOTY consideration? Beats me, but I'm glad people will actually be able to play them soon.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Takeover is on Intellivision Lives!. More on the BSR's site. Takeover was one of the games I used to test jzIntv's colored squares mode very early on.

So, for a game to be considered for GOTY 2015, does it actually have to been released in 2015, or just available for CIB purchase in 2015, or...? Takeover was programmed over 30 years ago, and released on Intellivision Lives! almost 20 years ago.

What's the rules?

EDIT: For that matter, Number Jumble and Brickout were also both on Intellivision Lives!. You can even see Eric Del Sesto and Tom Priestley demo Number Jumble (along with some interesting, erm, easter eggs) in this video from the 80s. And Game Factory was on Intellivision Rocks!.

Knowing what the rules are is probably a good idea.

What's the rules?

My understanding is that there are not the same, but modified versions to play differently/better/correctly/whatever.

You guys can do what you want to do, I am going to vote for a game I loved to play and came a box! Both those factors are what matters to me anyway. ;-)

I agree, complete in a box or packaged with sort of a production run(release)

For me those ROM only available games are just like those unreleased games of the 80s. Finished games available to the few that choose to play intellivision games on a PC and only playable on the intellivision consoles after downloaded -then loaded to a multi cart of some sort.......

That my thinking right or wrong..

Thanks to all of you who released games this year.. Just so many great ones were released this year... :)

Going to be a tough to choose GOTY

Cheers

What's the rules?

the rule is a game released in cart and working on the console, not rom

For me those ROM only available games are just like those unreleased games of the 80s. Finished games available to the few that choose to play intellivision games on a PC and only playable on the intellivision consoles after downloaded -then loaded to a multi cart of some sort.......

Ironically, a ROM release is available to far, far more people than a CIB release.

That being said, I don't think I disagree with you. Any idiot can release a ROM (like me!).