IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Overlays NOT RECEIVED

Troy_Whelan

There are a LOT of comments in various threads where people have stated they have not received their Flashback Overlay sets purchased DEC-2014. I am curious as to how many of us are in this predicament and if anyone is having any success in getting their purchase fulfilled.

I made my purchases on December 1, 2014. I purchased the Intellivision Flashback set that was supposed to include a complete overlay set. In a second purchase on the same day I purchased 3 more complete overlay sets. I did receive my Intellivision Flashback unit, but I still have not received any of the 4 overlay sets I am owed. Based on the price I paid on December 1, 2014 I am out $51.96 ($12.99 x 4).

I have emailed Keith Robinson many times and he has acknowledged this issue but has yet to resolve it. The last response I received was on June 24, 2015 indicating these would be shipped ASAP. However I had received that same response before on March 24, 2015.

My desire is not to trash Keith or his site. However I am interested in getting a group response together so that it might carry some extra weight and actually get some attention. 320 days (and counting) is a ridiculous wait time to receive purchased items or a refund. I don't even know what the hold-up is or if there are any overlay sets remaining.

If you have not received your overlay sets that you have paid for, please add your name to this list and indicate what you are still waiting to receive.

Thanks,

Troy

• Like 1

Well, I have ordered mine. It took some time.... but I have received them finally. Just let you know - really unfortunate that you have not received yours. You have your part of contributions in the Intellivision community since that I bought from you to complete my collection. You deserved them. Just a thought to share - hope that you will have your order one day.

I ordered one Flashback unit and one set of Overlays on December 1st. I woke up at 5:00 AM EST, saw the announcement in my e-mail inbox, and placed the order. Going by the flood of posts from others in AtariAge later in the day, my order was placed ahead of a lot of people.

I eventually got my Flashback console, though it did not make it for Christmas. It arrived the week after.

I never received the Overlays, though Mr. Robinson responded to many of my e-mails when I inquired about them. He assured me he would re-send them, multiple times. A couple of those times, immediately after, I saw people posting something like "I got another shipping notification, but I already got my set!" And at least one of those times, my Father (who also placed an order for Overlays) got his shipment earlier. This seems to suggest an address mix-up of some sort.

Anyway, I held hope for months afterwards, but eventually desisted. I don't expect to get them any more, but I am not upset about it. I still support Intellivision Productions, Inc., and I expect this was a learning experience for them in order management and customer service.

Personally, I don't it's worth all the drama. It happened, orders got lost. Some people will never order from Intellivision Productions, Inc. again, and others will just chalk it up to experience and move on. I'm on that second camp; $35.00 is not a big deal. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

@WaveRider1970 - Glad to hear you finally received yours. Thanks for your words of support. :)

@intellivotion - Seems you are in the same boat as me.

@DZ-Jay - Sounds like you ordered yours at the same time as me, and ended up in the same situation as me including with the Flashback. I too have lost hope of receiving them, however I am upset about it. I will not seek to stop others from supporting Intellivision Productions, Inc. and I may even buy a product in the future if I want it bad enough, though I will only get 1 if any; no need to put more money at risk. Although they have been in business with online sales for quite some time, you are probably right that this was a learning experience for them as they recently upgraded their supporting software. Unfortunately it seems they have learned very little from this learning experience. I myself sent copies of my PayPal receipts, Keith acknowledged my purchases, and yet I still have not received the overlay sets. I suspect many others are in this same situation. Although $35 - $55 is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it is the cost of a game that will never be received and if there are 50 or more people in this situation then it is possibly $2,000 or more. More people, then more money; starting to seem like a big deal now. One or two people are easy to solve - many people become urgent to solve. Puzzling how they are actively attending events, marketing wares, and yet many of the people that would be customers are not likely to buy until they receive items already paid for. For me personally, not a big deal; however as many here have posted discontent about not receiving their purchases I began to feel a unified voice that made me want to pull the voices together. My goal here is to give those single voices a louder unified voice. As I said earlier, one or two of us is easy to solve for and many of us is urgent to solve for. This seems important both to get the items to gamers and to actually help Intellivision Productions as since they do not seem to have learned from this event; no items and no refunds.

@SoulBuster - Glad you received something. When did you place your order? Have you followed up on the incomplete sets?

Troy

I also ordered very early that first morning when IP was suffering through whatever shopping cart snafu appeared to be cross linking accounts. Took a few months but I eventually received both sets, one complete, one missing a Math Fun overlay.

I personally don't buy the explanation that all this was caused by the rush. As I've posted before, back in 2011 I bought a bunch of stuff from them, and while they charged my CC immediately, I didn't get the items (or any communication of any kind) for 14 months. When it comes to shipping stuff out there's some sort of dysfunction at IP, either technical or personal (not that it matters).

That said, I think they'll make good on everyone's order; it just may take quite a while. Meanwhile I have a set thanks to the kindness of a fellow AtariAge member, and they look great, so they're certainly worth the wait.

I ordered two sets of overlays on 1/19. A couple of months later, I sold my condo and moved. I sent Keith & Emily multiple emails to let them know about my new address. Of course, I never received a response.

Flash forward to 4/15 and my overlays were shipped.. to the old address!

Then the USPS joined the act and didn't forward the Priority Mail package to my new address.

I sent Keith and Emily more emails without a peep from either. Finally, I filed an credit card dispute and got my money back.

They can't (or won't) communicate with their customers and I don't plan on purchasing anything else from Intellivision Productions again.

Edited by JefeJet
  • Like 1

@gunoz - Disturbing to hear how even those who received their sets either received them late, incomplete or both late and incomplete.

@Arenafoot - Sadly even though you got an incomplete order, your story sounds like the most positive so far as at least you go the set AND your issue resolved.

@SoulBlazer - Glad you got your set, even if it was 5 months late. I hope that all of Intellivision Productions sees this thread so they can the impact their "customer service" is having on their core marketing group. You are likely not the only person who will not buy from them again.

@revolutionika - So that's the secret...order 10 sets to get their attention! LOL!!! j/k Rev

@thegoldenband - Wow, so this in not new for them. How many times does someone study the same lesson before they learn it? I have no choice but to wait, so hopefully they will eventually arrive.

@JefeJet - Man, you got screwed all around. Glad you were at least able to get a refund, although it sounds like even that was a big hassle. I am not sure if they realize, or even care, that incidents like this lose new customers, long-time customers and even hardcore Intellivision collectors. If Rev had not received his 10 sets, I am not sure he would be buying from them again (or at least not as much) after being out $130 for nothing.

Troy

• Like 1

I ordered 4 sets and received them. 2 sets complete and 2 sets missing 1 Sharp Shot overlay each.

I ordered only 1 set and received it within 2 months but was also missing an overlay. Was one Sub Hunt short. Luckily it wasn't one of the rare or orphan games. If they ever put these out again I will still chance it once more but I would be afraid of ordering more than 1 additional set after reading about all the trouble with this first release. Still was very pleased with the set I received though.

The problem is with people who ordered on the first. Lucky for me i ordered on another day after the first as well. I got my second order but received a second set instead of my playing cards. In the end after filing paypal dispute i got 3 sets and no playing cards. I gave my two extra sets to people who didnt receive theirs.

• Like 2

I ordered mine early on as I had purchased an Intellivision Flashback from Toy's R Us before INTV had them in their webstore. I got an email about the huge response for the overlay orders and was told I would be receiving them after Christmas. They arrived just before the new year and it was a complete set (none were missing). Sounds like I should count my blessings as I have not heard many people have the same experience.

• Like 2

The problem is with people who ordered on the first. Lucky for me i ordered on another day after the first as well. I got my second order but received a second set instead of my playing cards. In the end after filing paypal dispute i got 3 sets and no playing cards. I gave my two extra sets to people who didnt receive theirs.

That was extremely kind of you!

• Like 1

I ordered a few days after after the announcemnt and it took a couple emails spaced a month or two apart but Keith responded and sent them.

This happened to me with the another Christmas special a few years ago, took a few emails every once in a while but got the item eventually. I think it was after they had a fire?

After many emails to many different email addresses there, I finally got my set. I got mine about four months late and others on here who ordered after I did, received their's much sooner. Don't know how they organize their orders, but I feel lucky that I got mine finally.

I did a PayPal claim in february or march in order to get my 3 sets, I was one of the midnight madness first orders in before the web store barfed.

I haven't checked to see if any are missing. I would be interested in more if they do another run. Maybe Nurmix can find out if another run can be done. If there are setup costs from the manufacturer that are preventing Keith from doing a second run, then Kickstart that, it should not be too exspensive compared to the next-gen games one they just did. And it would give Keith a real idea of demand.

i was one of the recipients and eventually my order did arrive.......that gives me a idea......;)