IGNORED

Petition for Piggy Bank

You would have to examine them carefully for color and type. Baggie styles change about every two years. LOL

Next Piggy will ship in pink bags and pink Mailers. But the sequel to Piggy is on the back burner while we do something we hope will be cool.

*whew*

Still, it's only a matter of time before the reproduction baggies come out. How will we be able to verify legitimate copies?

• Like 1

You would have to examine them carefully for color and type. Baggie styles change about every two years. LOL

Next Piggy will ship in pink bags and pink Mailers. But the sequel to Piggy is on the back burner while we do something we hope will be cool.

Sounds interesting. Any clues?

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived here in Australia today! Great fun. Very sharp controls. Good work!

Intellivision lends itself well to clever platform and maze games like this.

- J

The only "problem" that I see with these sort of games on the Intellivision (which is not much of a problem), is that the resolution is so chunky that the levels feel too small. However, you can overcome this by just making tons of levels (like Piggy Bank) to keep it fresh and challenging.

Alternatively, platform games could adopt a style like "Jumpman" or "Lode Runner," where the player's avatar is a teeny tiny sprite with little detail, which allows for a more dense play-field by making platforms half-card size or so.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

Alternatively, platform games could adopt a style like "Jumpman" or "Lode Runner," where the player's avatar is a teeny tiny sprite with little detail, which allows for a more dense play-field by making platforms half-card size or so.

I went for the opposite in Piggy Bank and had a larger character but with 4 pixel high platforms. Thicker platforms made the game feel even more chunkier. It would be interesting to see an SMB style platformer on the Inty because the game could have much bigger, free roaming levels.

I went for the opposite in Piggy Bank and had a larger character but with 4 pixel high platforms. Thicker platforms made the game feel even more chunkier. It would be interesting to see an SMB style platformer on the Inty because the game could have much bigger, free roaming levels.

So in your spare time..... :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The only "problem" that I see with these sort of games on the Intellivision (which is not much of a problem), is that the resolution is so chunky that the levels feel too small. However, you can overcome this by just making tons of levels (like Piggy Bank) to keep it fresh and challenging.

-dZ.

More levels isn't such a bad route, I always liked the page flipping games like Jet Set Willy where you just have a series of diverse rooms.

Well it is kind of problem with creating recognizable characters, like if you try for 4X4 level blocks you can do a stick guy about 8 pixels tall. Functional but generic, worked well in Load Runner.

As far as a SMB style game you need at least 8X16 to create a little guy with some charm. ;)

Piggy Bank looks like a cool game, the title page threw me off, thought it was some kind of edutainment title about managing money. :-D

• Like 1

That's tough as I sent out PM's to all I new after the first batch and kept on posting for folks to speak up...I don't think I have any outside of what was agreed on with the team for me keeping as trade bait. :-) Let me look to see what I can do.

But what I have to do to have 1 copy of Piggy request long ago on this post? :? :? :) :) :-D :-D :grin: :grin:

But what I have to do to have 1 copy of Piggy request long ago on this post? :? :? :) :) :-D :-D :grin: :grin:

Looks like Piggy Bank is available for sale ($64.75) on Good Deal Games Homebrew Heaven website at present! Doesn't say how many copies are available, though... hope you get one!

• Like 1

Threads like this make me think. Now, our Piggy wasn't a CIB(ox) release. So my thinking may not really apply there.

But hypothetically for a CIB release, that you missed out on - are people willing to shell out for a cart-only release after the fact? It's a hell of a lot easier to spit out 5-10 copies of a cart than it is to get the entire CIB works done.

Presuming the author is willing, would people want this? Or would it just drive people crazy with another variant? :lol: