IGNORED

Genesis with 80 games?

It's not that great, but if you don't have a Genesis and enjoy the titles on it, it can be fun. I would never have one as a primary Genesis myself, but my brother owns one and he likes it for what it is.

Biggest disappointment is that there aren't actually 80 Genesis games on it. Over half I believe are made up of weird Chinese Mega Drive-knockoff "games". Lots of shovelware crap few would actually want to play.

I got an earlier version as a Christmas gift a few years ago. It's an okay clone, but it has issues. The wireless controllers are kinda useless and the sound emulation is bad.

Beyond that, it has a good amount of staple Genesis titles included on the machine and it's small and light enough to carry with you. I usually take it with me on trips and hook it up to the hotel room TV.

Unless you get it as a gift like I did, I'd save the $40 for a real Genny or grab the Sonic Collection on the PC or console (which I think runs like $5-10 now).

Edited by teh_lurv

I never cared about owning one of these. I prefer to play Genesis games on my model 1 and 2 systems. I like it that it is real compact and half the games built in are Genesis games and the other half are these Chinese knock off games. I heard the sound, gameplay, and emulation is not in sync correctly if you play any carts in the slot. Cool feature, but stick with the original hardware.

Over half I believe are made up of weird Chinese Mega Drive-knockoff "games". Lots of shovelware crap few would actually want to play.

…one of those goofy Chinese knock-off games is a Shark! Shark! clone and it's actually pretty good believe it or not! Updated graphics, et al. Easily the best of the weird shit for sure. :lol: