IGNORED

Odyssey 2 picture is black and white

wesofthedead

Offhand, I don't have any good answers for you. When I got mine, it was missing the coaxial box, so I bought a composite video mod board off ebay (the one I got and love is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnavox-Odyssey-2-Philips-VideoPac-G7000-A-V-Composite-Video-Mod-Kit-DIY-/181078338355?var=&hash=item2a291c2b33:m:mSCwRzUx9ZsBq4WsG9nui5w).Then again, if you aren't getting color then perhaps some video line on the board is damage and this wouldn't do you any good. If I find any interesting info, I'll post it here.

Offhand, I don't have any good answers for you. When I got mine, it was missing the coaxial box, so I bought a composite video mod board off ebay (the one I got and love is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnavox-Odyssey-2-Philips-VideoPac-G7000-A-V-Composite-Video-Mod-Kit-DIY-/181078338355?var=&hash=item2a291c2b33:m:mSCwRzUx9ZsBq4WsG9nui5w).Then again, if you aren't getting color then perhaps some video line on the board is damage and this wouldn't do you any good. If I find any interesting info, I'll post it here.

thanks, i hope someone can help with this problem, i would love to start buying games for the system

• Like 1

Stoopid question: Are you using a CRT? Some HDTVs do not like retro consoles.

yes iam using a crt, i also tried my new lcd and its the same thing

Also, can you finetune your TV set?

RF boxes aren't rocket science.. in both ways, that is, they can get out of tune enough to remove color from your display.

ive used the rf box and ive bypassed it by putting in a new coaxial cable and i still get the same black and white picture

I meant the RF tuner into the console, but yeah, it's a neat idea to get ride of those crappy RF switch boxes you have.

If you have some electronic skills, try to tap up the composite signal in and see what it does. If there is color, then the issue is into the RF tuner, and you'll want to ditch it anyway. If there is no color either, there is a problem with the DAC, or the video chip (but thta would be surprizing).

I meant the RF tuner into the console, but yeah, it's a neat idea to get ride of those crappy RF switch boxes you have.

If you have some electronic skills, try to tap up the composite signal in and see what it does. If there is color, then the issue is into the RF tuner, and you'll want to ditch it anyway. If there is no color either, there is a problem with the DAC, or the video chip (but thta would be surprizing).

im an idiot when it comes to stuff like that, ill see if i have any friends that knowsd wat you mean lol thanks for the advice though

• 4 months later...