IGNORED

Impressive Amiga overview video

Nebulon

Previously a computer could only do one thing at a time? They clearly never heard of OS-9.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing.

Although I guess the Amiga deserves credit for having a full GUI and multitasking on a home computer. I'm also another person who had a CoCo and Amiga in use at the same time back then.

Previously a computer could only do one thing at a time? They clearly never heard of OS-9.

With the way history gets rewritten coupled with peoples amnesia in this country, amazing the Amiga gets recognized for anything anymore. Hell, a lot of people I know that are aware of the C64 today, act like they never even heard of the Amiga. Goofy shit.

Those and MOST people sure as hell aren't going to remember something as truly obscure as OS-9, let alone a Tandy Coco computer. "You mean to tell me Radio Shack used to sell computers"? :head scratch: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think there's an important distinction to be made here. To my knowledge, the Amiga is the first mainstream personal computer to ship with multitasking as a standard feature. (and you might even be able to remove the word "mainstream" as well). OS-9 was an add-on for the CoCo.

The ABC retrospective video was really well done.

Edited by FifthPlayer