IGNORED

-Free stuff-

juice2839

There's a Canadian above who wants 'em.

Seeing as the recipient is paying for the shipping, does it matter which country they're going to?

Pimpmaul69 is going to help me out so it is ok. I don't need to be a greedy bugger. I just want to get my intellivision going and need a sram chip that pm69 has offered to help already. Hopefully these parts go to someone to save another console from the trash bin.

There's a Canadian above who wants 'em.

Seeing as the recipient is paying for the shipping, does it matter which country they're going to?

It's not that I have anything against Canada (My grandfather was actually Canadian). I just don't want to have to go the Post Office, fill out a customs sheet and kill an 1hr of my day. I can just print out a shipping slip for US shipping and my postal carrier takes it.

It's not that I have anything against Canada (My grandfather was actually Canadian). I just don't want to have to go the Post Office, fill out a customs sheet and kill an 1hr of my day. I can just print out a shipping slip for US shipping and my postal carrier takes it.

Ah. How ... archaic. It explains why US Ebay sellers are so hesitant about that sometimes.

In Canada we just fill out the customs form online, takes 30 seconds.

Ah. How ... archaic. It explains why US Ebay sellers are so hesitant about that sometimes.

In Canada we just fill out the customs form online, takes 30 seconds.

Ebay actually made it a lot simpler with there newer system. You ship the stuff to a depot in the USA and they handle the international shipping. I sell international on ebay and love to. If something gets destroyed in shipping it's ebays fault and they cover it :)

give me a quote for the zip code 80229

Ebay actually made it a lot simpler with there newer system. You ship the stuff to a depot in the USA and they handle the international shipping. I sell international on ebay and love to. If something gets destroyed in shipping it's ebays fault and they cover it :)

Yeah, except it costs 3-5x the actual shipping cost, making things insanely expensive for anyone outside of the USA. Seriously, I've seen a single loose cart show $25 for shipping and customs. That's mindbogglingly stupid, and most sellers don't even seem to realize it (ie: it's not just the people who tack on a $20 "handling fee" for everything). I'm sure there are some countries where this somehow works for them, but for Canadians it's basically destroyed Ebay. I can order stuff in from freaking Asia for less than half the average shipping cost from 200 miles away, if it's south of the border.

I had no idea it was that much more work to send internationally for you guys though. Thanks for the explanation. I've been harping on this topic for years and it just seems to be "well, anything but Amurica is hard, yo". Which makes no sense to anyone from any other country. Yeah, it costs slightly more to ship across borders, but not 500% more!

Oh well, it just gives me even more motivation to travel to the US and pick stuff up locally :D

When I shipped to Canada from the US, I used eBay to fill out and print the customs forms and it on took only an extra minute to do so (first time took long to get used to). Most of that form is redundant with the shipping address that eBay has on file which means you only need to answer a few questions about the contents. Since eBay also has a deal with the USPS, you save on the shipping costs as well.

This is using the shipping method where I handled all the shipping myself. I never used the eBay shipping center; I heard to many horror stores about shoddy repacking.

eBay makes shipping internationally easy.