IGNORED

Mecha-9 for Colecovision

nanochess

I'm working as fast as I can!

Not helping, nanochess!!! :P ;)

I did say 'patiently' and 'not impatiently and filling up your PM and email inbox like a psychopath' :P.

I do have a game that I want to finish this month before I take a break from programming. So I can wait until you catch up on stuff.

• Like 2

I have ordered the 7 previous , but never received it yet!!!!! :? :? :?

:dunce: :dunce:

:grin:

I did write some theories in the past on what happened to these machine.

"Naa.... I think they were all defective. I think the Mecha-1 blew up upon boot up, well it's a prototype. Mecha-2 was operational but they forgot to install the engine, however the shield for that one is fully operational. It is still standing to this day. Mecha-3 was inside-out, don't ask how, but it blew up up-on boot up. Mecha-4 was made out of plastic, 1/24 size version, and sold into store for kids to play with, also comes with functioning shield that works for several minute until the battery run out. Unfortunately, it was pull out of store once the children figured out how to fill up it gauge and unleached it devastating attack resulting injuries. Mecha-5 was functional, but destroyed to shred because dysfunctional shield and they forgot to make the machine metal, not plastic. Mecha-6, was made out of lead with functional shield, it fell through the earth into to the magma below once it attempt to fly until the engine overheat ultimately failed. And Mecha-7 is made out of steel, fully functional gun with functional shield, but a lucky thief took it somehow. It was never found again...

So that's my theory on what happened to these machines. I beat this game today by the way. I really enjoyed it. Nanochess, you're like a company Compile(I think aka bouldersoft) when comes to programming. Great job!"

• Like 2

I did write some theories in the past on what happened to these machine.

"Naa.... I think they were all defective. I think the Mecha-1 blew up upon boot up, well it's a prototype. Mecha-2 was operational but they forgot to install the engine, however the shield for that one is fully operational. It is still standing to this day. Mecha-3 was inside-out, don't ask how, but it blew up up-on boot up. Mecha-4 was made out of plastic, 1/24 size version, and sold into store for kids to play with, also comes with functioning shield that works for several minute until the battery run out. Unfortunately, it was pull out of store once the children figured out how to fill up it gauge and unleached it devastating attack resulting injuries. Mecha-5 was functional, but destroyed to shred because dysfunctional shield and they forgot to make the machine metal, not plastic. Mecha-6, was made out of lead with functional shield, it fell through the earth into to the magma below once it attempt to fly until the engine overheat ultimately failed. And Mecha-7 is made out of steel, fully functional gun with functional shield, but a lucky thief took it somehow. It was never found again...

:rolling: I saw it the first time, I'm still laughing :rolling:

So that's my theory on what happened to these machines. I beat this game today by the way. I really enjoyed it. Nanochess, you're like a company Compile(I think aka bouldersoft) when comes to programming. Great job!"

Cool! Thanks pal! just trying to make an arcade-esque game ;) big respect for Compile so the comparison is appreciated :) *blush*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

This year I've been working hard in Mecha-9 trying to make the best ever shooter for Colecovision ;)

It will be available this Christmas 2015 from Team Pixelboy, you can preorder your copy sending an e-mail to Pixelboy (pixelboy [at] teampixelboy {dot} . com )

The game will work just fine in a regular Colecovision, or it will have enhanced sound if you add a Super Game Module.

Time to show a video of the final result :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDVVi95PIYQ

Enjoy it!

Are you releasing a MSX cartridge version of this one as well, I got Mecha 8 on both last time and I would like to do the same this time as well if possible? Coleco version is coming surface so I will be looking forward to it's arrival in a month or so.

Are you releasing a MSX cartridge version of this one as well, I got Mecha 8 on both last time and I would like to do the same this time as well if possible? Coleco version is coming surface so I will be looking forward to it's arrival in a month or so.

Yes. It's also available for MSX from Matra http://www.matranet.net/

Thanks! :)

I just beat this game. The bosses in this game really made me say WOW. There's huge final boss that fill up the entire screen. And trying to keep my power level to 3 is another challenge. I do try to keep the S's bouncing around until I get hit to prevent my POWER from decreasing. P icons are rare. It hard to not to get hit in this game due to the amount of objects to keep track of on screen. And don't check the SPEED and POWER level, I usually get hit when I do that.

I think I stumbled upon a bug. When I am at Power 3, once your shot hits a boss. You can't fire until that explosion effect goes away. I don't remember what boss it is, level 3 or level 4 boss. Once I drop down a power level, then I could rapid fire again.

Great job Oscar!!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...