IGNORED

Any interest in a POLL to see what hardware TI-99 users would like ?

Hades666

In a Follow-up to the thread '(Hardware) Project of the 'calendar quarter' I'm testing to see what enthusiasm there might be for a POLL of forum users to see what TI-99 hardware they like to see in the future for their systems.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242260-hardware-project-of-the-calendar-quarter/ (is the original thread)

So pop on this thread what hardware you would like to see (a magical Wish List) you might say ! And if there's enough interest then we could do a POLL of which is the most popular idea !

Reliable storage is something I'd like to see. I've had trouble with HDX, and WDS SCSI working with software that seems designed to work only with floppy drives. I work with large amounts of data - and programs like TI-BASE are 100% reliable when talking to any size storage through a floppy interface but fail in weird random ways when talking to a hard disk or HDX.

So a floppy controller that would support DS/QD or HD - or very large volumes like CF7.

Cheers, Arthur...

• 4 months later...

I loved the idea of the Nano PEB, but I was too late to the party. As consoles are fairly easy to find on EBay, but PEBs are not (well, there are a few there now that I look, at around $300), something with 32K and a DSDD controller with some type of flash drive on board would be great if it could be had for less than that. RS232 serial would be nice for transfers, though I doubt I'd ever need PIO to print from that setup.

I'd go for the SD cartridge, too. Actually, if I had something like that and some type of 32K (sidecar?) that would get me "back in business."

I think a modified Uber cart that could read images from an SD card is highest on my wish list, but I don' t have any skills to contribute to a hardware project. A 'hard disk controller' that stored its data on an SD card would also be nice.

Hoorah for both of these! Not to mention the Myarc FDC clone as well.

Hoorah for both of these! Not to mention the Myarc FDC clone as well.

Now I'm NOT going to mention what the item is, but Jim (Ksarul) has donated one heck of a nice item as a prize for Fest West. This item is so nice in fact, I'm calling it the Grand Prize. If you plan on attending Fest West, send me a PM with your name so you can get your name tag made up. You WILL need a name tag to be eligible to enter the drawings, and you must be present to win. Last day to sign up is April 15 as Gee Cee's needs a heads up in advance on attendance for employee scheduling.

• Like 1

Now I'm NOT going to mention what the item is, but Jim (Ksarul) has donated one heck of a nice item as a prize for Fest West. This item is so nice in fact, I'm calling it the Grand Prize. If you plan on attending Fest West, send me a PM with your name so you can get your name tag made up. You WILL need a name tag to be eligible to enter the drawings, and you must be present to win. Last day to sign up is April 15 as Gee Cee's needs a heads up in advance on attendance for employee scheduling.

Damn. Now I wish I was able to attend! And you got me curious as hell!