IGNORED

Demo effects: Sine-warp, 3d ground, melty graphics

louisg

Hi, I haven't done much with this source code I wrote years back, so I thought I'd open it up to you talented folks. It's a combo of dasm code, and some C code to process graphics files and generate tables. Let me know if you do anything cool with it.

For those who are not programmers, there's a demo.bin file you can throw into Stella. I think it works on real hardware too-- for a while there was a screen roll bug and I think that's been dealt with since. NTSC only for now.

demoeffect.zip

Nice! Too bad you abandoned it; you should add a small part, find a musician and release it as a small demo at some demoparty!

I'd love to, but I don't feel like I have the time/energy. This code's been sitting around for a few years already :/ I had a part planned out too that was a street parallax view, using sprites + missiles for lamp posts to trick the viewer. But hey, if anyone wants to take these fx and make a full blown demo out of it, please do! Just give some minor credit to me (I go by Extent of the Jam now in the chiptune scene) for the existing code, that's all I ask :)

Edited by louisg