IGNORED

My Intellivision Consoles

TandyVision

These are some of my Intellivisions, plus I have a few duplicate boxed units not shown here. I plan to set them all up in the upstairs in my garage when I finish it off up there. I'm still trying to think of how I want them setup so I can play anyone at any given time. I was thinking of building a docking station that I can roll right up to the couch. Anyone else have multiple units setup? Do you just plop em on the floor?

post-43390-0-75418500-1446432418_thumb.jpg

I use tall wooden slatted shelves, one on either side of the obligatory CRT TV (which has its own stand for the A/V gear). Cheap, sturdy, spacious, and helps give good ventilation for the systems that need it. Unfortunately the Intellivision 1 units are a pain as you can't (easily) use controller extension cables with them. So a moving cart is a good idea.

If you're using RF, hook all of the RCA cables into a switchbox and pipe out to a coax adapter into the TV. You can also get coax switchboxes which work decently. Cranking the audio through a good stereo is really slick, so if you can get a TV with audio-out, all the better.

• Like 2

I plan to do something like this:

mRmiPDG.jpg

That does look cool - But the moment I see something like this the first thing I think is where all the controller cables going to go? Extensions for every one ran underneath a sub floor and custom female ends for the controllers countersunk in to a large custom made coffee table with sliding doors underneath to store all the hardware - That and a big ass comfy expensive couch

• Like 1

That does look cool - But the moment I see something like this the first thing I think is where all the controller cables going to go? Extensions for every one ran underneath a sub floor and custom female ends for the controllers countersunk in to a large custom made coffee table with sliding doors underneath to store all the hardware - That and a big ass comfy expensive couch

A surprising number of those systems have wireless controller options available. While I've never actually tested it, I'm pretty sure the wireless Sega gear that I have would work for any DB-9 based console (ie: almost everything pre-crash) with only minor modifications. Or you can just use the Sega-style pads, of course.

Hm. I wonder if anyone's ever made wireless INTV controllers. Maybe I should be the first! I'm pretty sure all these things do is transmit the 9 pin signals, in theory that'd work for the Intellivision.

My setup has a coax a/b switch mounted on the shelving just under the tv, with an f-plug adapter on one end. I have my systems on nearby shelving. Up until recently, to use them I'd set up a small folding shelf (meant to be a riser in a school locker) to put the system on... but after my most recent storage re-do, I now roll over the 3 drawer unit my 8-64 bit carts are in. The added height is nice.

I will only buy wireless controllers if they are Intellivisionaries-branded.

Or Freeweed-autographed.

A surprising number of those systems have wireless controller options available. While I've never actually tested it, I'm pretty sure the wireless Sega gear that I have would work for any DB-9 based console (ie: almost everything pre-crash) with only minor modifications. Or you can just use the Sega-style pads, of course.

Hm. I wonder if anyone's ever made wireless INTV controllers. Maybe I should be the first! I'm pretty sure all these things do is transmit the 9 pin signals, in theory that'd work for the Intellivision.