IGNORED

F18A User's -- Get ready for next Saturday!

Omega-TI

Looking forward to it!

I just got my F18A about a week ago, installed it in my working TI same day. Loading Boot in the XB2.7 cart is awesome. This will be 2xAwesome!

Can you access the built in cart programs from the menu? I tried in Boot using DSR style "DM2K." to do things like jump to DM2K, but that didn't work directly, so instead I throw a little helper xb program on the disk that Boot runs in XB and it then bounces back into the cart program I want. Is there, or will there be a more streamlined way to do that?

It'll be 2xAwesome no matter what!

And for the math detail oriented, I know, it will literally be 2.5 x Awesome.

-M@

Is this same binary going to be compatible with both the Geneve and the F18A? If not, it would be cool to be branded for the F18A, maybe where the screen shot currently says 9640 :)

Or maybe you've covered that already... :)

-M@

The program is Geneve and V9938 compatible. Before Gazoo passed, he and Atrax were testing some HSGPL related functionality that is currently on hold, with a few other features.

This program will work as a stand-alone, but it's best while operating in Gazoo's wonder cartridge environment, as it opens up so much more 'flexibility'. Yes, this program will definitely 'encourage' those without some sort reset button to install one. It's kind of cool, one second your in a program... press the reset button... BAM your back at this new menu residing in the 15K GRAM location.

Atrax, under Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite it will switch cartridges (sort of). Gazoo setup his extended BASIC to allow calls to individual cartridge programs.

from within his BASIC. For instance I load DM2K from the cartridges via the menu with a simple 1 line XB program: 10 RUN "DM2K" it's much faster than loading the whole program from disk and saves disk space and duplication.

Still doesn't switch cartridges on my system. Is it the same one we have been testing?

The cartridge switching code is the same. Why it fails on your HSGPL system but works on another similar system is a mystery I hope we can figure out some day. Gazoo felt it was a hardware-related problem based on his testing and review of the code. It is a head-scratcher, for sure.

That's what I think as well. The only hardware difference between the system that he was using and my system is the BWG controller card (he had a Myarc). There was a thread here on Atariage that detailed what the BWG was doing in VDP RAM but I have not been able to locate it.

The code in question does not interact with VDP. Still, there may still be something controller-related that is interfering, so maybe I can get you a Myarc card for testing if we need to go down that path.