IGNORED

O2 Video Out Transistor Circuit

Rob Mitchell

Did the one transistor / AV mod this past weekend on my Odyssey 2. I am really impressed with how it looks and sounds, I thought it the RF looked nice but this really did make an improvement. Demon Attack and Atlantis look great! I used a Transistor that you can buy at your local Radio Shack. Thinking about posting instruction since the information seems spread around the internet and assumes your a electronic expert ;)

Forrest

Did the one transistor / AV mod this past weekend on my Odyssey 2. I am really impressed with how it looks and sounds, I thought it the RF looked nice but this really did make an improvement. Demon Attack and Atlantis look great! I used a Transistor that you can buy at your local Radio Shack. Thinking about posting instruction since the information seems spread around the internet and assumes your a electronic expert ;)

Forrest

Please do. Pictures of assembled components on actual boards seem to be rare indeed. I can handle simple schematics usually, but seeing close-up images from multiple angles does make a big difference in my mind.

As for Radio Shack, it's a shame how they are failing electronics hobbyists in every possible way. They don't make it easy to throw together quick projects these days. :)

Also besides the video circuit make sure the 5V voltage regulator is in good working order. Mine was giving me crappy video once in a while; even after I installed the video circuit, so I replaced the voltage regulator last week and the picture has been the best it's ever been.

I would do something like this to my Odyssey 2, but I am unsure if I want to drill into it. I don't have a problem using RF. ;)

When the days of finding cheap CRTs for under $10 are over. I'll be right behind you guys! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Yea man what R. Cade said. I use this one...see attached.

Quick questions about the parts from the diagram.

R3 is 10 and R4 is 75. Is that 10k and 75k or 10 ohm and 75 ohm??? (Just don't think I've worked with resistors that low, although I haven't done much electronics so that doesn't mean much.. ;-) )

Thanx,

desiv

Edited by desiv

Quick questions about the parts from the diagram.

R3 is 10 and R4 is 75. Is that 10k and 75k or 10 ohm and 75 ohm??? (Just don't think I've worked with resistors that low, although I haven't done much electronics so that doesn't mean much.. ;-) )

Thanx,

desiv

It's 10 ohm and 75 ohm