IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

You gotta make some early bids to drive up the price some to try to prevent it ending early.

That only works if someone also bids against you. In a number of cases, the side dealer simply doesn't bid, so the item's bid upon price never increments in the time it takes to strike a deal outside eBay's bid format.

Audiophille are the biggest sucker.

I can't tell the difference between a $10 no name computer speaker set from a dollar store from a $1,000 top of the line sound system with $100 monster cables.

Not that it helps I am deaf and I can't hear anything above 4KHz.

Sorry to hear that. I can still hear to 16khz and at nearly 35, I can still hear those tones that teens are supposed to hear but adults can't. Maybe I'm blessed because the majority of the millenials and iPod generation may have permanently ruined hearing later in life. I do have a very slight tinnitus in my right ear, but my hearing has always been super sensitive nd I try to protect it by listening at sane levels. I have on more than one occasion gone to a club and made earplugs out of spitwads from a bar napkin because the music was deafening. As a child I had a phobia of fireworks and other loud noises. Especially balloons because they could go off with a bang at any moment.

7800fan, sorry for your loss. That's a lot of audio spectrum you're missing. Cymbals. The crinkle of leaves in the fall. The constants "S" and "Z" :sad:

It has been my experience that once I've gotten accustomed to listening to a properly balanced quality sound system (quality does not have to mean $1000+ expensive) in a home environment, tinny speakers, and especially the ipod booster variety or the embedded "full range" tweeters they cram into flat panel TVs, just grate my ears.

I'm over 40 and I can still hear to 20Khz, but that's probably because I've never used headphones with any great regularity. So I can still hear bloody cat scarers and teenager repellent noise makers you can buy and install on the property that are triggered by motion. I can hear MP3 artefacts reasonably easily. It'll probably die down a bit as I approach 50, hopefully!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. I can still hear to 16khz and at nearly 35, I can still hear those tones that teens are supposed to hear but adults can't. Maybe I'm blessed because the majority of the millenials and iPod generation may have permanently ruined hearing later in life. I do have a very slight tinnitus in my right ear, but my hearing has always been super sensitive nd I try to protect it by listening at sane levels. I have on more than one occasion gone to a club and made earplugs out of spitwads from a bar napkin because the music was deafening. As a child I had a phobia of fireworks and other loud noises. Especially balloons because they could go off with a bang at any moment.

7800fan, sorry for your loss. That's a lot of audio spectrum you're missing. Cymbals. The crinkle of leaves in the fall. The constants "S" and "Z" :sad:

It has been my experience that once I've gotten accustomed to listening to a properly balanced quality sound system (quality does not have to mean $1000+ expensive) in a home environment, tinny speakers, and especially the ipod booster variety or the embedded "full range" tweeters they cram into flat panel TVs, just grate my ears.

Not missing it at all as I never could hear them to begin with. I was born with severe hearing loss and because I could only hear lower frequency, I never learned to appreciate music.

So That $10 computer speaker comes in real handy, it saves me a bundle to pay for more video game stuff and computer upgrades.

I thought I'd keep you guys update with this one because something's definitely not right here.

I have a friend who has been in contact with the seller. The seller has said he found another, and that they belonged to his deceased father in law.

He sent my friend pics and hmm, this looks so dodgy. I'm also doubting the original listing.

If you compare the cover art from the eBay listing to a GENUINE copy of Air Raid, you can see the artwork doesn't stretch all the way to the edge of the box like a genuine copy. So there's a gap about 5mm from the art to the edge of the box.

In the pics he sent my friend, he shows the one listed on eBay (thought he sold it :/ ). You can see the cash Convertors sticker has been lifted and it looks as though it's been moved slightly right in comparison to the one he listed on eBay.

The second box (the said second copy he claims to have now found) looks as fake as they come. I don't even have to point out the flaws when compared to a genuine copy. Oh, and this one has a round yellow sticker on it. These stickers were ONLY used by HES (Home Entertainment Suppliers) on their 2600 clamshell games.

Ok so I'll let you guys decide. Here are the pics...

- Alberts GENUINE copy

airraid_11.jpg

airraid_6.jpg

- The 'first' copy he had listed on eBay

Air%20Raid_zpschxgm7tv.jpg

- The pics he sent to my friend

Air%20Raid%206_zpsuwrw76zu.jpg

Air%20Raid%207_zpsfzreg0rq.jpg

Air%20Raid%203_zpsus77kwhy.jpg

Air%20Raid%204_zpsrg0o3oh1.jpg

Air%20Raid%205_zpsflohuxi1.jpg

I didn't know this thread was made an hour before mine! Hehe. I would have posted here if I had know.

Anyways, I posted an update in my thread RE the seller claiming to have another and the pics.

At this stage I'm thinking this was all a set up, including the original listed heh.

Link here... http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245300-air-raid-boxed-atari-2600-sells-for-500/