IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

It looks like this dummy bought a piece of pvc in the plumbing department at their home depot & spray painted both the cart & pvc(handle piece) & then superglue it to the cart

Yup. That's how I made mine, sans the blue paint. It's just a fridge magnet from the AA store.

post-33189-0-50137100-1351354690.jpg

http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-33189-0-50137100-1351354690.jpg

I think we can put this rumor of the Aussie Air Raid to bed now. Both the seller and the back door buyer got what they deserved.

I'm still a little confused by the story - when Pangasinan contacted the seller, he said it had been sold and picked up - seeing the item upon pick up surely the buyer would have backed out at that point... Or alternatively if that was just a diversion to seem more believable, why not try and sell Pangasinan the second one he claimed to have had from his father and offered to someone else? I wonder if any of this goes further than just a joke listing - 'make a repro and see what chaos it creates' type hoax

Edited by nofrills100

Uncanny - this seller seems to have a lot of 'rarities'

This is the second CIB Air Raid that they are selling

A Peter Brock Commodore (Aussies will know what this means) - which sold for $20,000 and then a year later listed another car as 'A Peter Brock Commodore - replica' - I would say most probably the first buyer renegged on the sale when he saw it was a replica and this is the same car

A 'rare' Saab - which the buyer left a neg for.

Currently listing a Gold edition of a C64 bid up to 1200 - I don't know anything about these - but I wouldn't put it past this person to have sprayed one professionally and printed out a fake certificate etc...

Then check all the positive-negative feed back left by people who have sold him things.

Here is some interesting info in the question section of the gold C64:post-23929-0-26840900-1446896436_thumb.jpg

I love it! :)

Look closely at the box photo of the known original posted earlier in the thread. You'll see some defects that look like creases in the lower left corner of the graphic.

post-24519-0-96575200-1446902651_thumb.jpg

Now look at the photo of the fake in the ebay ad. If you look carefully, you will see the same defects. So now we know the source of the image used to make his fake box. :)

post-24519-0-90622800-1446902728_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

There's always someone who chimes in and thinks these people are "innocent" and didn't know it was a fake.

The story about getting it from somewhere else is part of the lie to make you think it might be true, and to try to remove themselves from the wrongdoing. The same thing happened with the Vic-20 Wizard of Wor "prototype". The guy lied and posted it either as a joke or actually trying to scam someone, and then claimed he got it from somewhere else and didn't know.

Bullshit... you got caught.

Edited by R.Cade

What's bizarre about the seller is the he's left tons of negative feedback for people complaining of being ripped off. Is it weird that someone so quick to call others cheats would try to rip someone else off? Maybe he's truly a fool and thinks his carts are the real deal. And how does he manage to find so many bad sellers?

Wow! I remembered when i was a kid seeing a blue handle cart in my momma's basement. Sure enough i did some research & learned this was a game called air raid & it sold for like 31k & some change. I am willing to let this go for $850 or so because i am interested in buying black ops III & a ps4. I figured i would offer it here for collectors first.

P.S. My momma says she will ship it to u for free what a deal!

post-34286-0-32860300-1446921979_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

"There has been a lot of controversy about this product especially on the Atari Forums , I have been accused of being a scammer , I welcome anyone especially the people on the forum to come and view the item as I am not here to scam anyone, All I am doing is selling my late father in laws estate items."

Man, did this guy get dropped on his head? Even the fake box looks like ass. :lol:

• Haha 1

Has been listed at least twice before. On each occasion the seller had ended it stating that item has been sold and picked up. First time around the claim was for $500, second time $1000... But of course if this is the third... And you have been told that boxed air raid has been sold for as much as $30,000 then why not just list it for a generous $50??!! Lol

it's back on ebay - with a new bs story

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1118183546021?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=111818354602&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

How ironic. :P

Wow! I remembered when i was a kid seeing a blue handle cart in my momma's basement. Sure enough i did some research & learned this was a game called air raid & it sold for like 31k & some change. I am willing to let this go for $850 or so because i am interested in buying black ops III & a ps4. I figured i would offer it here for collectors first.

P.S. My momma says she will ship it to u for free what a deal!

That's one fugly paint job! :lolblue:

• Like 1

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

How ironic. :P

That's one fugly paint job! :lolblue:

Actually just went to the old home depot, bought a pvc t piece in plumbing & some baby blue spray paint and superglued the monster together. It used to be a black defender cart.... & the fugly paint job comes from getting c's in the old art class in high school

• Like 1