IGNORED

Bones (Odyssey 2 WIP)

atari2600land

It took a few attempts but I finally got it going. I was going to make this a Halloween game, but Halloween is over. So I guess it's just a scary game to play whenever you're in the mood to play scary games. Except from the theme though, the game is not scary. The game is about bugs on a skeleton chest. They move left and right across the rib cage randomly. So it's a lot like Turmoil. I don't know what to make the thing that moves up and down though. The colorful bugs can only move left or right and not up and down. The game has a really wonderful title screen (sarcasm.) Press fire and you'll see the colorful bugs moving around on the rib cage. That's all the game is at this point. It's a more complex variation on the My Stomach Hurts theme.

bones2.zip

I worked a little bit more on this. You can move the purple thing up and down. Pressing left shoots a missile left and pressing right shoots one right. But the missiles don't do anything yet. And there is no collision detection yet nor score. Since there is a TV show called "Bones" here, I'm thinking about changing the title of the game to "Boney McBones." So, what do you think?

bones4.zip

Version 5. I had nothing to do. It was a boring rainy Saturday afternoon, so I spent my time putting collision detection in. There's still no score, and once you shoot all 4 bugs, you can't do anything else. I changed the title screen to say "Boney McBones".

bones5.zip

Aaaand, here is version 7. It is actually a playable game now. If you clear the screen, new bugs emerge and you start in the center again. It may feel odd, but if I put it in the position it was when you cleared it, the bug might regenerate where you are and you'd die. I would really really really like opinions on this game. What should I do next? I have about 600 bytes left for adding stuff in.

bones7.zip

• 2 weeks later...