IGNORED

COST OF NEW GAMES? - Blah Blah Woof Woof / CRAP Games

BBWW

I mentioned the clamshell cases years ago and was nearly shot!

Anyway. Cardboard boxes. ...top flap or gatefold.....are the best.

I get so tired of cardboard cases! No matter how gentle you are they always get some kind of crease . I have always loved looking at a wall of sega games, those clamshell cases are Damn sexy. I would love to see these become popular in the homebrew market. I havent been around long enough on atariage to be apart of this argument, but I would love to hear why people are against the robust and ever impressive clamshell.

Maybe we could get one of the new releases in a clam-shell? The nice artwork, awesome manual and ever-imporetantr overlays can all still be there. Thilnk of the cost savings. Think of the fast release times. Think of the durability and ability to replace a damaged box as easy as buying another clam-shell.

I LOVE the cardboard boxes. But wouldn't this solve several issues?

Am I starting a war? :-o :grin:

Using a premade clamshell just feels like less of an effort was put into the creation. Cardboard all the way.

As far as Sega clamshells, they started that way so it is fine to continue as long as you duplicate the original.

I guess that is why cardboard rules in Intellivision.

• Like 2

Using a premade clamshell just feels like less of an effort was put into the creation. Cardboard all the way.

As far as Sega clamshells, they started that way so it is fine to continue as long as you duplicate the original.

I guess that is why cardboard rules in Intellivision.

Change is not always a bad thing. Especially if the clamshells were done smaller as to provide more shelf space. Also, if they had a pocket inside that would accommodate a manual and a controller overlay it would be great. I agree that keeping with the original look is nice, but it would give some nice visual difference for homebrew titles. The cost is always a factor.

I would have, but I had those in the house and ran out! I didn't want to have a Variant Baggie! :grin:

Next time use the baggies with the little zipper thing. You cheapskate! You saved 39 cents!

Hahahahahahaha.