IGNORED

Atari 2600 "Red sea crossing" Real or fake

Max_Revolver

I can't even understand WHY the seller would want to have the buyer return the item?! The seller KNOWS it's a fake, and he can make another one for far less then $70.

My guess would be to keep up the charade. By refunding the buyer's money without asking for the game back, be would basically be publicly admitting that the item he sold is worthless.

Asking the buyer to send it back is another weak ploy to hope the buyer will decide to keep the game so he will not be out the shipping fees...and maybe decide to try and resell it to some other person rather than send it back.

The seller knows it's fake and he is also mad the buyer has discovered his charade, so it's also his passive agressive way of punishing the buyer.

The guy is just scum....worst of the worst. :mad:

• Like 1

Make sure you do send it with signature confirmation and insurance as well.

Also I would take a picture of the packed parcel and be sure to keep the shipping receipt and also the drop off receipt from the post office if you bring it in for drop off.

Do whatever you can to cover yourself.

Knowing this guy he will probably do whatever he can to try and keep the money.

And this can include him saying he never received it back, or it was damaged or you sent back a different item etc.

He is obviously a dishonest seller and no doubt this will extend to the returns process too.

Good luck!

• Like 1

too dumb to realise you shouldn't sell 8 copies of an extremely rare game. Especially when only around 100 are estimated.

no no no...

THIS, as in, what is written up here, is why this happens to people like the original poster in this thread. It is this kind of misinformation, or lack thereof, that helps scammers get away with this!

(THERE'S ONLY 2 OF THEM!)

And had the buyer done even the most minimal amount of research, either on this site or even the internet in general, he would have known that the item the eBay seller was auctioning looks nothing like the real deal. And this is the REAL problem here; though it's not politically correct to say it because the original poster did get burned.

Edited by Supergun

Yes, there are at least 100 reproductions out there; as were part of the controlled community release. But only 2 originals have surfaced in over 30 years, and even using the most liberal estimates, perhaps a few others may turn up in the future.

What I'm trying to say is, if you pay 5K for a PAL NES Stadium Events cart thinking it's NTSC, and an actual picture of the cart clearly showed the label was not the NTSC label, then TWO things have happened in that scenario. One of them is that the buyer has been scammed. Take a wild guess what the other is.

The RSC listings by this seller which have pictures of the cart, also clearly show a similar type of red flag as in the above SE example.

GBA and DS games are the common ticket for scammers to sell fakes. Guess this guy realised how rare some Atari games are but were too dumb to realise you shouldn't sell 8 copies of an extremely rare game. Especially when only around 100 are estimated.

No. Fake pirate GBA and DS games are far more likely to be sold by innocent sellers who picked up the game cheaply or selling from their personal collection thinking they were real. Piracy of GBA and DS run rampant for years despite Nintendo's best efforts to stop it. Most legit sellers or game shops will happily accept returns if you politely inform them they sold you a fake item.

Sadly, these modern fakes are still infiltrating the United States from the Far East and apparently the collector's hobby has gotten big enough that Asian copycats are offering fake NES, SNES, and N64 for sale on Alibaba et al. Typically the build quality of these newly manufactured fake carts are far inferior to the quality of fake garage repros using vintage recycled hardware. But any fake R10 rare Atari games are almost exclusively homemade in the scammers garage and the perps selling these items know EXACTLY what they are doing.

I must be on ignore, I want to see the circuit board. Take a toothpick and open the dustdoor, take a couple angle pictures.

EDIT: I don't think you can put moderators on ignore.

I must be on ignore, I want to see the circuit board. Take a toothpick and open the dustdoor, take a couple angle pictures.

EDIT: I don't think you can put moderators on ignore.

will do ima take some pics..

• Like 1