IGNORED

Building a new PEB - the drive cage

aftyde

Hi All,

Thought I'd share the process of building out a PEB. Certainly not news to anyone but I suspect we all solve some problems differently. Here is my solution to a really nice dual 3.5 in device cage for the disk drive bay in the PEB.

Peb drive cage

12 nuts, 4 2" machine screws. You need to drill out the bottom holes in the metal drive racks to make them a little larger, and remove all metal shaving around the holes for the nuts. Nice aspect of the design is you can thumb-tune it to perfection (height and angle of drives in relation to each other) and then crank it down with a small wrench. This cage will hold 2 Lotharek floppy emulators.
Here is what it'll look like with the drives mounted...

Ld mounted

I'll use a sheet metal drill to make a hole in the PEB cage for the screws. Next task, figure out how to set the switches and make an floppy cable. Given my cable making skills - this will be the hardest part - determining whether I have a crappy cable or the switches set wrong - expect another post in 2017... ;)

Edited by aftyde
  • Like 4