IGNORED

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest - Complete Game

Trebor

Wouldn't Pac-Land fit the bill?

Yes, every forth level is a rewind. On my Lynx as a kid I always completely dodged the World X-4 stages by spamming the jump button and hovering above the screen the entire time. I wasn't going to risk death by carelessly slamming into a ghost midair.

• Like 1

Hasn''t the Canadian dollar always been a bit weaker than USD? Just like the Euro and the Pound are a bit stronger? :roll:

It's been worse than it currently is, but this is on the lower side. The last few years in particular prior to this we've been close to parity with the USD. There were a couple of short periods where we were stronger than the USD as well, but that never lasts - as soon as it goes above the USD about half the population converts a load of cash and goes shopping in the US to bring our dollar back down. ;)

It's been worse than it currently is, but this is on the lower side. The last few years in particular prior to this we've been close to parity with the USD. There were a couple of short periods where we were stronger than the USD as well, but that never lasts - as soon as it goes above the USD about half the population converts a load of cash and goes shopping in the US to bring our dollar back down. ;)

Thought the parity was achieved because of the Great Recession here while the Canadian economy remained somewhat resolute in comparison.

Edited by Lynxpro

Thought the parity was achieved because of the Great Recession here while the Canadian economy remained somewhat resolute in comparison.

It actually up-ended where the CAD was worth more than USD. I know because I moved to the US when it was noteably less, and moved back to Canada when the Canadian dollar was worth more than USD. Ouch! :-)

It actually up-ended where the CAD was worth more than USD. I know because I moved to the US when it was noteably less, and moved back to Canada when the Canadian dollar was worth more than USD. Ouch! :-)

In the early 80's the Canadian dollar was worth more than the USA dollar for a while also.

Possible names for the next game:

Bentley Bear 2: Canadian Kerfuffle

Bentley Bear In The Land of Maple Leaves

Bentley Bear 2: Quest For Beer

Bentley Bear 2: Eh to Zed

To be totally honest, I've always been uncertain why homebrewer makers for these old systems don't make games about beer, broads, adult humor, etc since all of the people interested are all adults anyways.

What I'm saying is, Bentley definitely should be a foul mouthed bear on the hunt to recover his stolen 24 pack of suds!

To be totally honest, I've always been uncertain why homebrewer makers for these old systems don't make games about beer, broads, adult humor, etc since all of the people interested are all adults anyways.

What I'm saying is, Bentley definitely should be a foul mouthed bear on the hunt to recover his stolen 24 pack of suds!

Go to intellivision forum lots of smut talk there and games like space cunt as well.

I don't think Bob's thing is making games about boards and adult homor.

Possible names for the next game:

Bentley Bear 2: Canadian Kerfuffle

Bentley Bear In The Land of Maple Leaves

Bentley Bear 2: Quest For Beer

Bentley Bear 2: Eh to Zed

Would that be the first Canadian stereotypical game ever? eh?

How about Bentley Bear in "F#$k Man Ya shoulda seen buddy!"

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

Go to intellivision forum lots of smut talk there and games like space cunt as well.

I don't think Bob's thing is making games about boards and adult homor.

Hahaha, Space Cunt looks awesome. That's exactly what I'm talking about. It doesn't necessarily need to be quite that overt, but that looks to be one hell of an entertaining game. I just don't see why we don't see more mature themed homebrews, I'm definitely not taking anything away from this game of all of them, but current indie devs are definitely doing this with much success. X-rated stuff aside, it'd just be awesome to see an ultra violent game on a retro console or a game with swearing or other realistic traits. Not only would it be amusing, it'd be different from anything else the catalog really offered. Picture a Broforce style game on 7800, at the very least of what I'm saying. Something that appeals to an adult male and amps up the humor.

I want to reiterate, I'm certainly not hating on BBCQ, it definitely looks great. Of all the games I would not hate on, it's BBCQ because it's exactly the type of game the 7800 needs. I'm just saying this is why I love the retro style indie games of today and they're immensely popular, so it'd be great to see that love on older consoles.

Well Bob also has a work in progress survival type of game. I have not seen it in awhile (I dont emulate just seen a screenshot about a year ago) But it may be kinda what your after?

Call me lame or whatever but with 2 younger kids I would not play a game with swearing etc. as I shut down movies with too much swearing etc. Try mad world for the wii if you like blood and swearing.

Edited by Jinks

Well Bob also has a work in progress survival type of game. I have not seen it in awhile (I dont emulate just seen a screenshot about a year ago) But it may be kinda what your after?

Call me lame or whatever but with 2 younger kids I would not play a game with swearing etc. as I shut down movies with too much swearing etc. Try mad world for the wii if you like blood and swearing.

Yeah, I already fuckin' have Mad World. Really cool game.

In the early 80's the Canadian dollar was worth more than the USA dollar for a while also.

Funny you mention it; when I was in grade school, some girl in my class traded me a Canadian nickel for a US dime, and a CA penny for a nickle, and I think a dime for a quarter. Being from Louisiana, I'd never seen them before and thought they were rare and valuable. Imagine my horror when I came home and showed my dad the find, only for him to inform me the Canadian currency was worth less than the US equivalent, much less the fact I traded higher valued US coins for them. :P

You need to graduate to the NES for that. See also:

Beat em and Eat em (direct port of the Mystique classic, now with Vaus support)

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=139

Cornball Cocksuckers (from the same guy who did Beat 'em, all sold out)

http://beta.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=154017

Beer Slinger (spiritual sequel to Tapper)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234297536/beerslinger-nintendo-nes-brand-new

You need to move to the NES for that. See also:

Beat em and Eat em (direct port of the Mystique classic)

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=139

Cornball Cocksuckers (sold out)

http://beta.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=154017

Beer Slinger (similar concept to Tapper, but brand new mechanics)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234297536/beerslinger-nintendo-nes-brand-new

I went to buy Beerslinger on Ebay to get as a Christmas gift and they jacked the price up 10 bucks, so I shit canned that one.

I went to buy Beerslinger on Ebay to get as a Christmas gift and they jacked the price up 10 bucks, so I shit canned that one.

Piece of advice, when shopping on eBay, before you hit that "commit to buy" button, do a quick Google search for the item to make sure it's not available cheaper somewhere else. Use web search as not all shops display their product in Google Shopping. I got my Beerslinger from the Etsy shop in translucent red, no customization. If you're planning of giving it as a gift, you might inquire the designer on customization. Not sure why the cart says Holiday series as it has nothing to do with Christmas or any other day of the year.

Beerslinger is a fun game; I highly recommend it. I said it's like Tapper, but more of a spiritual sequel since the mechanics are totally different. You basically have to serve beers to your clients as they verbally call out the names of the brews they want, Lager, Stout, Wheat, or IPA. The game even makes some of the greatest use of voice acting I have ever seen on the NES. The order and selection of beer kegs is randomized with every game to keep it fresh. You have a precious few seconds to serve customers and every day gets longer and more frantic. When you start out the game you've got two bar stools and two kegs with a $25 goal. Each day adds either a new barstool or a new keg, until day seven where you have four kegs and six barstools and a $500 goal. Each beer you serve nets you $5 cash towards your daily goal. Miss a total of three customers on any given day and you're fired. Good news is your misses reset every day and you can continue from the last day attempted.

Beat em, well we all know what that is. Cornball plays kinda like Space cunt but with some highly obscene minigames thrown in.

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread here.

Piece of advice, when shopping on eBay, before you hit that "commit to buy" button, do a quick Google search for the item to make sure it's not available cheaper somewhere else. Use web search as not all shops display their product in Google Shopping. I got my Beerslinger from the Etsy shop in translucent red.

Beerslinger is a fun game; I highly recommend it. I said it's like Tapper, but more of a spiritual sequel since the mechanics are totally different. You basically have to serve beers to your clients as they call out the names of the brews, Lager, Stout, Wheat, or IPA. The order of beer selection is randomized with every game to keep it fresh. You have a precious few seconds to serve customers and as every day gets longer. When you start out the game you've got two bar stools and two kegs with a $25 goal. Each day adds either a new barstool or a new keg, until day seven where you have four kegs and six barstools and a $500 goal. Each beer you serve nets you $5 cash towards your daily goal. Miss a total three customers and you're fired.

Beat em, well we all know what that is. Cornball plays kinda like Space cunt but with some highly graphic minigames thrown in.

Beerslinger was on eBay for weeks in my watch list at 19.99 and jumped to 29.99 the night I was buying my first ever homebrews and was gonna give it a whirl. So it was really decently priced for a long time.

Yep. It wasn't us doing better than normal that gave us a great exchange rate. It was the banks tanking the US economy hardcore. But due to people running across the border every time the canadian dollar spiked above the US, our dollar ended up spiraling along with it.

• Like 1