IGNORED

Opinion on "New in Box"

vw57drvr

I know this will sound sort of goofy, but I have a 4 switch woodgrain 2600 that is new in the box. What is the opinion of opening the box, without actually using the system? For some reason I just want to tear into it. But I have other 2600's that I can play if I just want to play. Obviously the boxes are glued shut, so would you still consider it new in the box? A piece of electronics that has been untouched for that many years, begs the question......is it really IN the box? LOL.

New in Box to me is when everything is all factory sealed and has not been opened and not even once. It would be brand new in my standards For something that is opened into once. Even to check everything out would be considered Complete in Box. But new/like new condition. That's what I consider it.

Playing devil's advocate here, what if the person you bought it from lied and it isn't new, what if something is wrong with it - cracked case, missing coax, etc.. and someday you sell it as new in box, and the one you sell it to does rip it open and discover what's inside.. Would you wish you had opened it at least once to inspect it? But on the other hand, the person you bought it from maybe was telling the truth about it being new, and it really is in pristine mint condition. Would you feel guilty for opening it to inspect it?

I agree with SIO2 and Retrogamer81081...new in box means factory sealed. I wouldn't open it, unless this was my one and only console.

It's pretty cool that you have a brand new one. I don't think there are many people who belong to that fraternity. It would be interesting to see how many in our AA community, own a brand new one.

I know I don't. :(

• Like 2

I agree with SIO2 and Retrogamer81081...new in box means factory sealed. I wouldn't open it, unless this was my one and only console.

It's pretty cool that you have a brand new one. I don't think there are many people who belong to that fraternity. It would be interesting to see how many in our AA community, own a brand new one.

I know I don't. :(

I own a sealed promotional system.

• Like 2