IGNORED

The Sony PS4 -- A terrorist tool? Really!

Omega-TI

Faux news? My guess is that the powers that be want better eavesdropping on modern video game consoles. Say the word "terror" and "for the children" and watch the magic happen.

Okay, some people discount or ignore anything by Fox News based on their biases, so here it is on CNBC too.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/16/terrorists-using-playstation-4-to-communicate.html

Another example of fear mongering politicians using tabloid journalism in order to not do their jobs of protecting citizens. Anyone remember when Saddam supposively bought PS2's to use for launching nukes? :roll:

I was going to mention the same thing. We heard the same bs terrorism hype when Iraq imported a bunch of PS2's.

and for those who have a hate-on for fox if i werent for them

who knows what kinda world we be livin right now??

Without differing viewpoints, one cannot truly have freedom of thought. Thoughts give us the ability to make choices for ourselves. Those that self-restrict or self-censor are not exposed to differing viewpoints or ideas and thus risk becoming ignorant SHEEPLE, controlled by others who are more than happy to do the thinking for them. Information and knowledge, even if it's uncomfortable at times ensures enlightenment.

I myself listen to Conservative as well a Liberal viewpoints, as I find some truths in both sides. I will NEVER let someone or some meme control what I listen to or how I think. Sure, some may call it 'faux news', just like others call MSNBC the 'White House Propaganda Department", but I will not throw away my freedom to think and speak.

I do believe the majority of people are intelligent enough to make their own decisions, because no matter how many names they call Fox News, that network has the highest ratings of all the others. Ponder that.

http://www.insidesources.com/new-york-times-article-blaming-encryption-paris-attacks/

This whole encryption slant is stupid. I don't think people realize just how much of their communication these days is encrypted by default. This includes your cell phone calls, and even things like Apple's Messages app (for iOS and OS X), which is extremely secure (believe it or not). I don't want my ability to have secure and private communications taken away just because people doing bad things might (will!) use encryption to try and hide their activities.

..Al

http://www.insidesources.com/new-york-times-article-blaming-encryption-paris-attacks/

This whole encryption slant is stupid. I don't think people realize just how much of their communication these days is encrypted by default. This includes your cell phone calls, and even things like Apple's Messages app (for iOS and OS X), which is extremely secure (believe it or not). I don't want my ability to have secure and private communications taken away just because people doing bad things might (will!) use encryption to try and hide their activities.

..Al

I've read in several places that Apple claims that it is very difficult for even them to find out what you are messaging on anything that is running iOS 8 or higher. They certainly have made some efforts not to leave the back door open.

Unfortunately, this is going to open the whole encryption debate again with any actions taken doing little to help with anything while giving government agencies unfettered access to what you are doing. Wasn't there a time several years ago where agencies such as the FBI, DHS, etc wanted to make it mandatory for cable modem and router manufacturers the ability to snoop at any time? I believe this effort was struck down.

..Al

That's pretty standard encryption and won't be going away, ever, so I wouldn't worry about that. It's the stuff like Tor that security experts are usually referring to in relation to the Paris attacks, not the common basic encryption that's used to protect your credit card transactions, emails, etc. Some uneducated journalists are using "encryption" as a blanket statement, which is incorrect and is not helping the general public's understanding of it.