IGNORED

I Want To Start A New Brotherhood...

VectorGamer

...for relics like me that play 8-bit systems and arcade games 98% of the time when playing video games. I was thinking of calling it the "Golden Age Gamers Brotherhood." What do you think? Who's in? It would be nice to ID other people like me that for the most part can't stand to play systems newer than the NES.

• Like 1

...for relics like me that play 8-bit systems and arcade games 98% of the time. I was thinking of calling it the "Golden Age Gamers Brotherhood." What do you think? Who's in? It would be nice to ID other people like me that for the most part can't stand to play systems newer than the NES.

I'm not challenging you. I actually am this retarded. How does this differ from just, ya know, shooting the spit in this section of AtariAge?

• Like 1

...for relics like me that play 8-bit systems and arcade games 98% of the time. I was thinking of calling it the "Golden Age Gamers Brotherhood." What do you think? Who's in? It would be nice to ID other people like me that for the most part can't stand to play systems newer than the NES.

I like the idea, but sounds a little too close to Golden Girls. How about "Arcade Joystick Jockey's" or something along those lines..

Sounds like a lot of pressure and commitment here. Not sure I could keep up, especially if I'm expected to actually play the games I love to talk about. And own. :rolling:

Really do need to make a better effort of actually playing. You know, stop talking and start chalking type of thing. The hi-score contests really help in this regard!

Really do need to make a better effort of actually playing. You know, stop talking and start chalking type of thing. The hi-score contests really help in this regard!

I actually watch more sports than I play video games. But it wouldn't be about how much you play just your preference for playing 8-bit console/computer/arcade games the majority of the time when you do play.

"It would be nice to ID other people like me that for the most part can't stand to play systems newer than the NES."

Except I would make the cutoff point the 16-bit era, the SNES and Genesis. Basically the same gameplay as the 8-bit era but with more advanced graphics.

Once again, the Vector Gamer starts a sexist pig thread. Congratulations, Prince Charming.

Look everyone! Another AA hall monitor that follows me around the forum voicing their disapproval of my threads.

Why don't you start your own thread where you can crusade and pick fights with anyone that has "brotherhood" in their signature?

Instead of creating a brotherhood (whatever that is in AtariAge terms), how about you join the tracker? If you check the summaries, you'll see that 8-bit systems more than flourish in the tracker. In particular if you add the post-crash systems like NES, SMS, GB and other later 8-bit systems, often the other 16 and 32 bit systems counted struggle to keep up with the numbers.