IGNORED

Sony enabled PS2 backwards compatibility for the PS4 without telling anyone

Metal Slug Anthology is now up. One of the more interesting additions so far to this lineup.

Too bad that it's not fresh emulation since I think this ran at 480i rather than 240p. Hopefully input lag which people noticed when their HDTV had to deinterlace this one at least won't be a problem via the PS4 emulator.

I'm surprised at all the bile in here over having options -- no one is forcing anyone to buy these old games and play them in this way. I'm happy to have a cheap copy of Rogue Galaxy and Katamari Damacy I can stream to my Vita. I have lots of space on my ps4 (I put in an $80 2TB hard drive and you can too) and $15 isn't exactly going to bankrupt me. This stuff goes on sale all the time and much of it will be given away via PS+, too.

• Like 4

I'm surprised at all the bile in here over having options -- no one is forcing anyone to buy these old games and play them in this way. I'm happy to have a cheap copy of Rogue Galaxy and Katamari Damacy I can stream to my Vita. I have lots of space on my ps4 (I put in an $80 2TB hard drive and you can do) and $15 isn't exactly going to bankrupt me. This stuff goes on sale all the time and much of it will be given away via PS+, too.

Exactly....its the same kind of people who think its blasphemy if From Software dares to add an easy mode option in their settings menu. Somehow the game is ruined because of an option that they cant stand being there even though they will never use it.

I recently picked up War of the Monsters on sale for 5 bucks cause I want to get the trophies for an old game, a game I bought over a decade ago. Its paid for itself....and 5 bucks today isn't going to killing me. It breathes new life into a game I otherwise wouldn't probably play again.

So yeah its nice for old favorites and for stuff I missed out on.....cause I don't pirate original Xbox and PS2 games.

• Like 1

I have a ps2 next to my ps4 as well as pretty much any game I gave two craps about from the first time around as well as the ps3's life when ps2 stuff was being blown out everywhere for next to nothing. I doubt I'll buy much if anything for this ever especially since I could give two craps less about trophies. Here's hoping for disc based Bc at some point but I wouldn't hold my breath.