IGNORED

GAME ROOM Tips, Setup & Storage - On the CHEAP!

Metal Jesus

Are you planning on building a Game Room? Are you looking for suggestions on storage and setup? I walk you through the solutions I have discovered including bookshelves, entertainment centers, storage bins, dust covers and even sexy colored LED lighting!

This video is in response to the TONS of questions I get about this topic every single week. Hopefully it gives people some new ideas about their game rooms!
  • Like 4

IKEA bookshelves are awesome! I got a few of them in my game room. Also sometimes on Craigslist you can be lucky and see shelves and entertainment centers for free. Target is a great place for furniture. Other than that you have a sweet game room!! Ir is one of the most neatest and well kept. Here are some pics. I do need to get some more posters on the walls though. :P

post-32978-0-83266000-1448055913_thumb.jpg post-32978-0-04312700-1448055931_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-95918400-1448055955_thumb.jpg post-32978-0-66619600-1448055975_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-75126700-1448055998_thumb.jpg post-32978-0-48165000-1448056022_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-50409300-1448056052_thumb.jpg post-32978-0-00216100-1448056074_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I really need to get some good pics of my setup, but I keep hoping to fix my dangling wires first.

I did find out a bit ago that Magic: the Gathering fatpack boxes convert easily into game boy cart-sized drawers... I did a tutorial for my deviantart *digs around* here:http://fav.me/d91dy9e

And I'm hopping on the Ikea shelves bandwagon too! I'm a big fan of the Besta line... it's a bit pricier than the beloved Billy set, but it's worth it for the versatility- Besta has no fixed shelves and peg holes every inch. You get full control of excactly how much space each shelf has, which is quite the boon to maximizing your storage.

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 1

I finally got tirred of the paper thin and ratty-looking bookshelves. So I made myself some custom shelves. I measured the height of most of my games and insured that I could increase the maximum square footage. While I agree a bookcase or shelving should not be ornate with a lot of scroll work etc, I think your game room should really look the way you like it and reflect yourself as a collector. Too many times I see people willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a collection and yet put it on a $10 crappy card table. I like the think of my game collection is almost like a museum collection where there will be times that I rotate pieces but if you're going to spend thousands of dollars on something you should really invest in some good shelving, planning and layout of your game room. I think metal Jesus displays this in a very economical way. I really like his layout and lighting

Edited by Atari the Jedi
  • Like 2

The beauty of an emulation based collection is that it can go anywhere and fit into any decor.

Maybe I'll sneak some pics out, but the old ball and chain is real picky about posting images of the house online.

Most of it is done on my xbox. I have it hardmodded with the Xecuter 3 chip and 500 gigs on the hard drive. About every emulator and all the roms plus 100 or so burned games. My Wii is soft modded with a 500 gig hard drive as well. And about 8 emulators plus around 200 wii games burned.

• Like 1

Most of it is done on my xbox. I have it hardmodded with the Xecuter 3 chip and 500 gigs on the hard drive. About every emulator and all the roms plus 100 or so burned games. My Wii is soft modded with a 500 gig hard drive as well. And about 8 emulators plus around 200 wii games burned.

I use my original Xbox for playing emulators as well... mostly for capturing footage of systems that are pretty tough to do so, like the Atari 2600, etc...

• Like 2

I need to take pictures of my collection and set up. I'm defiantly not using the space to the max like a good game room should... also I'm moving in about 2 years I don't know how much I should really be investing in storage shelves since I'm home every 5 weeks. What would your advice be on thi situation.