IGNORED

Skunkboard

I_POOD_ON_A_ANT

Just checking what a skunkboard does?

How much are they worth etc?

A Skunkboard omits an odor that will counteract the Jag fumes, keeping you safe from talking about unharnessed POWAH and Tomb Raider on the Jag CD. They're worth about $50, but the Skunk spray refills will cost about $25/ea. It's the razor blade model, sell the razors cheap, mark up the blades. Etc.

• Like 4

Gotta disable driver signing.

Thanks, I downloaded the "step by step" instructions to do that that were put up on another skunk thread recently. Going to give it another go tonight. Just so they are in the same place I'll attach them.

So the last step is "restart and install drivers." Just so i'm set up for success when I attempt this later, which file is the installer in each folder? Or if I plug the skunk in via USB will the computer auto detect them? Just wondering since there are a number of innocuous looking files in each driver folder (Driver, SkunkUSBDriver)

post-38373-0-04949500-1448370584_thumb.jpg

Edited by travistouchdown

Here are the Skunk USB drivers

attachicon.gifDriver.zip

attachicon.gifSkunkUSBDRIVER.zip

Edit: I found these in a folder on an external hard drive labeled Skunkboard resources. No idea how to set them up except what's in the brief guide I made here.

Gotta disable driver signing.

Well, i've downloaded the drivers and disabled driver signing, and no luck getting any of the driver files to install. Might try plugging in the skunk board tonight and seeing if the system might detect the drivers.

Anyone know what file I should be looking to click on for Windows 10? Thanks, would really like to start using the Skunk again now that I have another PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow with all the Skunkboards that have been sold through the batches 1-3 and the sillyventure run there's still users out there clamoring for them. Amazing. That's quite a bit of Jaguar users out there.

Sales don't always equate to users. I'm sure many of them are sitting on shelves as collection pieces, collecting nice coats of dust.

• Like 1

No luck. Plugged in skunk, powered on Jag, and device didn't show. I clicked on every file in the driver folder and couldn't get the drivers to install. Could not send ABS or ROM's to skunk via JIFFI (probably because of drivers.) How do I go about getting these drivers installed? I don't recall it being this hard last time..

post-38373-0-34474000-1449545967_thumb.png

Sales don't always equate to users. I'm sure many of them are sitting on shelves as collection pieces, collecting nice coats of dust.

Nope they sure don't. But even guessing and knocking off the entire run of Sillyventure to count as the doubles/triples people own that's still quite a bit of users.

Those are older versions of the drivers... the last release I built from was signed and didn't require you to disable driver signing, at least on Win7-64 bit. Looks like it was built on libusb-win32-bin-1.2.0.0 (first signed version).

This is the last release pack - the page will be back up soon enough. Includes driver, source, and documentation. Docs don't cover 10 specifically, and I don't know if this version of libUSB is compatible with it... 7 is the latest I tested it. You may be able to install a newer version of libUSB if this doesn't work, there's nothing customized about the Skunkboard driver but the name. (And for Linux it was just the libUSB driver used, nothing customized).

I started here, but it seems to be superseded now: http://sourceforge.net/p/libusb-win32/wiki/Home/

For creating the files, there is an "inf-wizard" in the libUSB-Win32 package that I used. The VID/PID of the Skunkboard is just that of the Cypress USB controller: 04B4 / 7200

Remove old drivers before installing these ones.

SkunkBoard.zip

Good luck.

• Like 3

Those are older versions of the drivers... the last release I built from was signed and didn't require you to disable driver signing, at least on Win7-64 bit. Looks like it was built on libusb-win32-bin-1.2.0.0 (first signed version).

This is the last release pack - the page will be back up soon enough. Includes driver, source, and documentation. Docs don't cover 10 specifically, and I don't know if this version of libUSB is compatible with it... 7 is the latest I tested it. You may be able to install a newer version of libUSB if this doesn't work, there's nothing customized about the Skunkboard driver but the name. (And for Linux it was just the libUSB driver used, nothing customized).

I started here, but it seems to be superseded now: http://sourceforge.net/p/libusb-win32/wiki/Home/

For creating the files, there is an "inf-wizard" in the libUSB-Win32 package that I used. The VID/PID of the Skunkboard is just that of the Cypress USB controller: 04B4 / 7200

Remove old drivers before installing these ones.

attachicon.gifSkunkBoard.zip

Good luck.

Luckily...I don't think I ever figured out how to install them. Lol..... I really need to get my skunk running soon, especially with the ST port thread up and running.

Thanks Tursi!

If I can't figure this out this time i'll be back begging for a step by step with pictures... Jiffi seems easy enough I just can't seem to figure out how to INSTALL the drivers. I see the files there but clicking on them always bring up a "what program do you want to use to open this" box.. Will try again tonight.

Edited by travistouchdown

There's a step-by-step with pictures in the manual for Windows 7. But just follow the instructions in the manual, you aren't supposed to click on the driver files themselves. Rather you sort of point Windows at them. :)

If you need step-by-step pics for a version other than 7 I can fake it, but I can't test that they work as I don't have a Jaguar anywhere near me. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...