IGNORED

Fixing Odyssey 2 Silver Controllers?

bretthorror

About a year and a half ago, I bought an Odyssey 2 on Ebay that was supposedly tested. It arrived with the video cable's end literally torn off and one joystick's action button is completely stuck. I looked up how to replace the video cable and to my surprise, the system actually worked when I finally got around to it tonight. So I played Odyssey 2 for the first time tonight... the best I could, anyhow. I noticed on the joystick that appeared to be functional that the action button didn't seem to work and the direction diagonally up/let didn't work either. I only tested for about 10 minutes, and the irony is the only game I know for sure would use the fire button was Alien Invaders, which I didn't get to work. Hockey/Soccer would play Soccer no matter which button I pressed on the console. The racing games seemed pretty fun and the joystick was overall responsive and smooth except that one direction issue.

is there any easy way to fix this issue? I figured if it's easy, I'll take a last ditch attempt at it, but if not, maybe I'll softmod my Wii to play the system and be done with it.

From your description, your sticks are permanently wired to the console. If you open it up, you can detach the sticks and switch them.

Issues could be broken controller wires or bad buttons inside. Minor troubleshooting could fix .. Or replace with Atari sticks ..

My silver sticks are actually not permanently wired. I was wondering if I could fix 'em myself at all.