IGNORED

Anyone having trouble with eBay bucks?

GoldenWheels

I realized somewhat recently that I wasn't seeing "you earned XX" etc or the chart eBay used to show with each purchase.

Then I realized all the "ebay bucks" tabs that showed my running total were gone under "my eBay".

So I called up eBay on the phone after being unable to find an answer online and well, the woman didn't speak such great English. Shocker I know. She explained to me, after many, many repetitions, that I could click on the "deleted" link under "my ebay" and it would show my eBay bucks total. Now that makes 0 sense, but it does work. So OK, now I see my total.

But when i went to buy something it still doesn't apply them automatically (like it used to) nor does it display them. Nor can I track them as I used too. I don't think I dare call eBay back, frankly my patience can't stand it.

Anyone else run into anything similar?

I don't think I ever earned Ebay bucks. Never used it. Have no idea what it's about. I think my brother mentioned one time he had used some, but I have no idea what he did to get them or use them. Good luck. Ebay India is not great customer service.

Just signed up for the program since I wanted to see about it. It looks like under My Ebay, it shows up at the top left under the Buy pulldown menu under Didn't Win. Mine of course says Ebay Bucks (0.00)

Edited by Philflound

I don't think I ever earned Ebay bucks. Never used it. Have no idea what it's about. I think my brother mentioned one time he had used some, but I have no idea what he did to get them or use them. Good luck. Ebay India is not great customer service.

It worked great until now. :_( Not like I made a mint in them but I buy enough that it would be a nice discount off of an item once in a while, or I could get something small free. Used to be you just signed up and every purchase accrued them.

Seems like they go out of their way to make them hard to use... on purpose. They aren't used automatically, and they "vest" and then "expire" in quick amounts of time.

It's like airline miles, but worse. I don't know why they bother.

Edited by R.Cade

Used to be worthwhile but they kept changing. Certain categories do not qualify including my favorite: business and industrial>Electrical and Test Equipment>anything. Many cheap electronic parts such as uncommon connector or NOS 8p2t switch but no eBay buck.

Back over the summer they made another change: if you didn't earn minimum of $5 in a 3 months period, it will be erased. Not rolled over or anything, it will be forever lost. So you need to spend minimum $250 in qualifying categories just to make sure you get that $5 and have them to spend in the next cycle. Another annoying changes: eBay buck can be used once so if you don't use up all of the amount, the leftover will be lost. So using $5 on a $1 sale is wasteful. You also have 1 months, not 3, to spend it. And lastly, it is not applied automatically, you have to dig in hard to find interface to find the correct code and use that in discount code box at the checkout.

It doesn't matter much since I tended to buy more on Amazon these days. Quite often stuff's cheaper (movies, books, and not-so-old games) on Amazon than on eBay. That measly 2% cash back on eBay doesn't cover the difference at all. The last 3 month cycle, I had earned only 92 cents (under $50 spent) and was lost.