IGNORED

Moon Patrol

CyranoJ

Maybe I should port Xevious next, I hear the ST version is the best so far :D (hehe, can't wait for Shamus' version to be released, it plays great!)

Cyrano, if you are going to port the ST games I think really suck [i did say in another thread Xevious and Rolling Thunder on the ST suck; the Amiga version of Rolling Thunder slightly less so], then I'm going to have to say Falcon totally blows. And MIDI Maze 1 & 2. And the Dungeon Master titles, Leatherneck, Time Bandit, Sundog, Alternate Reality the City, etc. And don't even think about Starball because that is a total turd too.

Hey, didn't Groovy port ST Star Raiders already?

• Like 3

Played a few hours of this and the arcade version (on the Dreamcast). Took me a bit to get used to the jumping ability but after I played the Atari 800 version and then the Arcade version I realized this version was actually closer. The arcade was very floaty while jumping though not quite this floaty.

5200 version is better. :)

Cyrano, if you are going to port the ST games I think really suck [i did say in another thread Xevious and Rolling Thunder on the ST suck; the Amiga version of Rolling Thunder slightly less so], then I'm going to have to say Falcon totally blows. And MIDI Maze 1 & 2. And the Dungeon Master titles, Leatherneck, Time Bandit, Sundog, Alternate Reality the City, etc. And don't even think about Starball because that is a total turd too.

Well if those games suck, I'd better leave them alone then.

• Like 2

I have thought that both a button and up control for jump would be a nice selectable feature.

Arcade is two button, as LynxPro said.

We Atari 8 bit users are used to the stick up to jump.

I think both have their merits.

• Like 1

I have thought that both a button and up control for jump would be a nice selectable feature.

Arcade is two button, as LynxPro said.

We Atari 8 bit users are used to the stick up to jump.

I think both have their merits.

Just to be clear, I'm not anti-A8 in the least. I just don't like the h8 that a lot of A8 fans dish out on the 5200, picking on its faults and never bringing to light its actual advantages. Had Atari Inc brought out 5200 joysticks that self-centered and didn't use the carbon contacts, I'm sure they would've become the default "Atari" joysticks and then all subsequent consoles and computers from them would've used them and the DB15 ports instead of clinging to DB9. The subsequent XE computer line & XE Game System plus all of the non-STE ST computers certainly suffered from onefirebuttonitis.

Since Cyrano is active in this thread, I thought I'd also throw out Ballblazer as a suggestion. The ST version seems to play closer to the A8 original although the Amiga version is slightly prettier and sounds a little better. It would still be split-screen instead of multi-screen networking [unless I'm unaware of a null-modem connection option for those two platforms for the game]. I think it would make a great port to the Jaguar and a very classic "Atari" title at that. It would've definitely made a good Lynx game.

Speaking of networking, ST or Amiga Falcon can do null-modem networking, not just to their own platforms but to each other as well. I guess a Jaguar wrapper could map that feature to the JagLink or CatBox Link for head-to-head action. That would be cool.

EDIT: This made me chuckle… A port of David Addison's Monopoly - ST or Amiga versions - to the Jaguar. It may not be graphically that impressive but man did that CPU cheat. I forget which BASIC he wrote it in.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

Made it all the way through A-Z two times. Second time introduces new enemies. Third time rearranges the enemies.

I noticed that while you added A to jump, joypad UP also jumps. It's easy to accidently jump by inadvertently pressing UP. Suggest have jump on button A only and remove it from joypad UP

Edited by rayik

Made it all the way through A-Z two times. Second time introduces new enemies. Third time rearranges the enemies.

I noticed that while you added A to jump, joypad UP also jumps. It's easy to accidently jump by inadvertently pressing UP. Suggest have jump on button A only and remove it from joypad UP

But then all the A8 people will complain instead of the 5200 bunch! ;)

• Like 2