IGNORED

Fully colored sprites!

STGraves

I finally managed to create a fully colored sprite, by overlapping player1 and player0, now the problem is to create the enemies, I'm going to attach the source code and the binary compiled, Disclaimer yes I used the tinkernut world deluxe as a base, but that's because I had in hand :grin:, ignore the titlescreen, is from an old project.

Fully_colored_sprite.bas

Fully_colored_sprite.bas.bin

Edited by STGraves

I would love to see at least one more available sprite on the standard kernel, because both are being used in the main character, so one more sprite available for a enemy will be amazing!, no the multisprite kernel is out of the question, because there aren't multicolored sprites there, but combining both would be awesome!.

Edited by STGraves

You just described the DPC+ Kernel.

Saw an error in first sentence.

You mean original kernel or multi sprite kernel.

"Until the DPC+ kernel, all bB sprites had double-thick rows, so they weren't as pretty as the sprites that assembly language programmers could make. Thanks to the DPC+ kernel, bB users can create single-height sprites that are as detailed as the ones made by Imagic and Activision."

Then there is also single line resolution in playfield, background, and sprites, but color only changes after 2 lines for playfield and background (I think because it is based off the 2 line multi sprite kernel, but don't quote

me on that). If you look closely at DK Arcade 2600, levels 2 and 4, I layed out the girders to have gaps where some tops and some bottoms are the first line of color then the repeated 2nd like color isn't drawn so Some places the effect gives 2 lines dark, two lines light, one line dark and the second line not drawn.

P.s. Sorry, that first part does make sense. I read it wrong. :dunce:

Edited by iesposta

In the DPC+ kernel how can I define the height of a sprite, because my sprites appear squashed, and in the standard kernel they appeared the same way I made them, also do the sprites need now to be generated in the opposite way they used to?, meaning that in the standard kernel they have to be generated upside down, and on the DPC+ are not upside down, first off RT I started making a little test on the DPC+ starting with a test from your site, I think I understood a lot except for those 2 parts; can you help me?, because on your site there wasn't any thing saying about upside down sprites or fixed height sprites... I think.

In the DPC+ kernel how can I define the height of a sprite, because my sprites appear squashed, and in the standard kernel they appeared the same way I made them, also do the sprites need now to be generated in the opposite way they used to?, meaning that in the standard kernel they have to be generated upside down, and on the DPC+ are not upside down, first off RT I started making a little test on the DPC+ starting with a test from your site, I think I understood a lot except for those 2 parts; can you help me?, because on your site there wasn't any thing saying about upside down sprites or fixed height sprites... I think.

If you were using Visual batari Basic, you could edit your old sprites with the sprite editor and turn them into DPC+ sprites. The VbB Code Editor also has a handy tool in the right click menu called Flip Text that lets you highlight the sprite data in the code and instantly flip it upside down.

You'll always get a squashed sprite if you put a standard kernel sprite directly into a DPC+ program because each row of a DPC+ sprite is thinner. The rows are no longer double-thick, they're single-height.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the ball to make the chest emblem for this superman boss rush game I started and never finished, gives an extra detail but leaves you an extra sprite. Also seeing the theme of your game you might like to see another vaporware project of mine.

supermanchest.bas.bin

fnaf.bas.bin

Edited by pacgreg
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...