IGNORED

SOLD: MEAN SANTA unlimited for the Atari 2600

timdu

ALL OF THESE CARTRIDGES HAVE BEEN SOLD. THANK YOU. I will most likely make some more cartridges and have them for sale later in the year.

Well the Christmas season is among us now... and to celebrate the season I have 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 cartridges currently remaining in stock ( as of Saturday , January 23, 2016 ) of MEAN SANTA unlimited for the Atari 2600.

Please note that this "unlimited edition" is an unnumbered Atari 2600 game cartridge. It was originally released in October 2009.

post-291-0-78836000-1448631570_thumb.jpg

Inspired by "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", MEAN SANTA has the player as Santa Claus and it is your job to go house to house and steal all the presents.

There are 25 houses and one final screen in MEAN SANTA. At the last house, there is roasted turkey which Santa Claus must steal...
but there are 3 guard dogs protecting it. Hurry up - this is a game of speed. There is no time to waste. Best time wins.
Included is a durable black plastic case / box with the original color artwork from the game and a color, 8-page printed game manual.
It has a slightly different game label than the original limited release of 100 cartridges from October 2009.
Price: $35 plus $6 shipping in the USA
($15 for shipping international - please send me a private message)
You can order from the web site:
paypal is accepted... or I can send you a paypal invoice if you like
I will try to update this page here on AA so you can see how many cartridges remain before they are gone...
thank you and Happy Holidays,
Tim D.
Edited by timdu

It may be hard to see a few of the features in the video, so here's a free overview.

The game has 3 levels of difficulty: Easy / Medium / Hard

Easy mode:

• Think of this as "Kids mode"
  • no chimney obstacles.
  • play the 5 "easy" houses + one easy final house

Medium mode:

• "For Novice gamers"
  • has chimney obstacles
  • play the 5 "easy" houses plus 10 "medium" houses + one medium final house

Hard mode:

• "Not for the faint of heart"
  • has chimney obstacles
  • play the 5 "easy" houses plus 10 "medium" houses + 10 "hard" houses + one hard final house

In short, the more houses that you have to deal with, the harder they get.

Houses come in waves of 5-- you must complete all houses of a wave in order to move on to the next set of 5, with increasing difficulty.

When a house has been completed, it turns black to indicate that you've already been there-- and you don't want to revisit it.

You only have 6 lives, and you can die in various ways:

• crash into the chimney / house
  • land on a house that you already visited
  • get caught by the diabolical dog that chases you in later waves of houses (hard to see on the video)
  • during the final house, touch any diabolical dog

Survival is key. Can you make it to the end?

Everything else simply slows you down (lighting, snowballs, touching banana peels, missing houses).

While that may not seem to matter, I once heard that if you can get a near-perfect run of the game in each mode, something good may happen.

I always play on hard mode, and when there are just a few houses left, I become a nervous wreck, hoping I don't miss a single house or touch too many banana peels-- for me, it's all about the perfect run.

Hope you enjoy it if you play it!

-John

• 2 weeks later...