IGNORED

Homebrews not working on CV

evg2000

Hello,

I've recently received a couple of Hombebrew carts that won't work on my CV. I've tried 3 different machines, and they didn't work on any of them. I've gotten replacement carts and same issue. They did work on my Adam. One of the games is The Stone of Wisdom. Spoke to Luc about it and he asked me to try an experiment. He had me push the cart to the far right and turn on the machine. I could get the cart to boot 2 or 3 times out of about 100 tries. Last night I tried another experiment, I removed the cover from my CV and both carts that were problematic boot reliably. Any one else having issues with Homebrews?

Hello,

I've recently received a couple of Hombebrew carts that won't work on my CV. I've tried 3 different machines, and they didn't work on any of them. I've gotten replacement carts and same issue. They did work on my Adam. One of the games is The Stone of Wisdom. Spoke to Luc about it and he asked me to try an experiment. He had me push the cart to the far right and turn on the machine. I could get the cart to boot 2 or 3 times out of about 100 tries. Last night I tried another experiment, I removed the cover from my CV and both carts that were problematic boot reliably. Any one else having issues with Homebrews?

Can you take high resolution picture of both sides of the cartridge pcb where it connects to the Colecovision?

Last night I tried another experiment, I removed the cover from my CV and both carts that were problematic boot reliably.

Could the cartridge slot door be slightly pushing the cart forward in the slot to where a pin isn't making good contact? It seems unlikely, but then why would it work with the cover off?

Hello,

Just tried my cart - plugged it in - works fine. Coleconut (If I recall correctly) modded CV with the SGM plugged in.

three different power supplies, and all three work with both version of Lord of the Dungeons which are supposed to tax the power supply. Only these two games are a problem all other HB and originals work fine. Plus PS shouldn't make a difference since they work fine once the cover is removed from the system.

I will take pictures later.

• Like 1

Can you take picture of all the new homebrew PCBs that sometimes don't work when plugged into console?

I want to see if they all have the split GND and power trace.

Here is the picture of the Intellivision pcb (in red) that would have the same issue (sometimes work, sometimes not).

Fix was to bridge the split trace with solder/wire. Notice Mattel PCB (in green) does not use split trace.

I wonder how long these split traces PCBs will work, as the card edge connector tries to make contact with the center of the conductor on the pcb and this is where there is no copper.

post-27883-0-86530600-1448753749_thumb.jpg

Can you take picture of all the new homebrew PCBs that sometimes don't work when plugged into console?

I want to see if they all have the split GND and power trace.

Here is the picture of the Intellivision pcb (in red) that would have the same issue (sometimes work, sometimes not).

Fix was to bridge the split trace with solder/wire. Notice Mattel PCB (in green) does not use split trace.

The other cart is split also. Don't want to destroy another label to take a picture. The carts don't work at all unless I press them to the side. Why would they split the contacts? The first picture above looks like there are two traces going to each of the sides of the split contact.

The other cart is split also. Don't want to destroy another label to take a picture. The carts don't work at all unless I press them to the side. Why would they split the contacts? The first picture above looks like there are two traces going to each of the sides of the split contact.

It is used for programming purposes.

I had this same issue with my last set of new homebrew carts. After noticing there was contact when moving the cart plugged in, I decided to clean the contacts. Yes I know there were new and looked clean but when I began cleaning them, I noticed there was a barely noticeable very light blue coating on the contacts that was removed. Once I cleaned them all the issue was resolved.

• Like 1