IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - I got a PS Vita

RSS Bot

Well, I bit the bullet and finally did it. I got a used PS VIta. I had to reset it and it said it was going to set up a trial period of the PlayStation Network. There was no way to say "No, I don't want it." But it seemed interesting that all it did was ask me for my birthdate. No name or anything. How odd. I'm wondering if I actually need the PSN in order for the thing to function at all. If that is the case, I might as well take the thing back because I don't want to sign up for anything that costs extra money. It just seems odd that they would do that. And that movie it played, no way to bypass it. After sitting and watching the pointless thing, I finally got to the main menu. I got some stupid game called "Soul Sacrifice." Looking at the thing, I am wondering is that what normal people play now? And if so, why? I know there's a Wipeout game for the Vita, so my quest is to get that, as well as anything else I find that isn't very expensive. It was either the Soul game or some other stupid game they had. There was a choice of 2 boxed games. So I'm perplexed here. How does it sign me up for a trial account of a PSN with no other info except my date of birth? What even IS the PlayStation Network? With the way things are going now, I think I might as well take my ball and go home when it comes to buying the next gen consoles.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-12517-i-got-a-ps-vita/