IGNORED

Adam EOS and CP/M

Milli V

Does anyone know if CP/M uses the EOS routines or does it replace them with its own?

As CP/M was a universal version of CP/M which many computers in that era used, it is an operating system all it's own. The only things it shares in common with the ADAM system is that the Coleco version implemented the SmartKey system and it's related commands to get a directory, save files, and use internal utilities. Even better than CP/M is TDOS (Tony Morehan's CP/M replacement for the ADAM. TDOS has more commands and larger work areas than the original Coleco CP/M.

Is there a disassembly of CPM for Adam around? There are low level things that are Adam specific I would like to do that I do not know how to with the implementation of CPM on the Adam and don't want to reinvent the wheel if they are in CPM, such as read the controller, run at 40 column, poll the keyboard for keys pressed without waiting etc. if I could get TDOS on DDP it would be nice

I don't recall anyone ever releasing a disassembly of ADAM's CP/M, back in the day or in recent time, but it is easy for me to say that the man responsible for the incredible CP/M update for the ADAM called T-DOS disassembled it in order to use it for a basis for T-DOS. His name is Tony Morehen, but I don't think anyone is in contact with him anymore if he is even still alive. You should send Dale Wick (goes by hardhat here on AtariAge) a private message seeing as he was closer with Tony and a friend of his who helped out by the name of Guy Cousineau. If anyone might have the information you are looking for, it would be Dale.