IGNORED

Best wireless mouse/joystick option for ST

ryoder

My ST mouse's button stopped working. It was off and on and now it gave up the ghost. I hate the wheel mouse too. Now I am using the kb to do mouse operations which is fun and challenging but the fun won't last.

The best case scenario is that I install two plugs in the ST and leave them there that allow me to have wireless USB mouse and joystick support and I don't have to have cables hanging out.

I also want one that will run on my Amiga 600.

Here some options I have seen.

1. Best has an original mouse - wired and ball - not my favorite option

2. Best has another mouse - wired and optical - pretty good option but pricey and still wired

3. Pesty - PS2 only and no longer making them

4. Tom - USB including wireless, pricey, needs an adapter cable that hangs out http://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Amiga-Atari-ST-C64-Commodore-Mouse-Gamepad-Joystick-USB-adapter-TOM-/231740263745?hash=item35f4cbcd41:g:ee8AAOSwniRWN9z0

5. Jeri - USB not wireless, PS2 only USB, needs an adapter cable that hangs out http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-Atari-USB-mouse-adapter-JERRY-Smooth-working/231762500689?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34293%26meid%3Da7fc857dd0a8420c912fe68794c96220%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D231740263745

Any luck with the "TOM" unit?

I will pop in and say to avoid buying items with a blue connector such as this. I bought one like this from another carrier. The problem is that the connectors wouldn't stay in the port socket. I had to force it in and work it until it made a connection. It also was very picky on what USB mouse it would work with. I think it is primarily made for the Amiga, as since I don't own one I can't confirm if it works better with it. I am looking forward to seeing how the Tom one works for you. But I think the one with the extension cable would be the most ideal, if it works that is.

Edited by Sowden

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my Tom in and it works perfectly. I plugged it in and programmed it to ST mode by holding down left button and clicking the right button six times on boot and my bargain store wireless USB mouse worked instantly! Perfectly smooth compared to the old ST mouse which had died.

I also bought a Bluetooth wireless transmitter that is sending audio to a JBL speaker and it works well too. I haven't tried a game pad but I'll probably try my retro SNES controller. I also want to try this on my A600.

Check out the pic. As it stands I have 4mb ste, LCD with the Best VGA adapter, Tom USB adapter, wireless mouse and audio.

post-42711-0-26046700-1450215583_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ryoder