IGNORED

Gyruss for the Atari 7800?

HawkMines

@Lynxpro - thank you :)

Yeah... My 'unfinished' list has grown again:

ReZolve

Defender

Dark Tower

Ms. Pac-Man Twin (this unfortunately will stay this way until all of the game roms are dumped)

Battlezone (although I think this one's going away)

(Sorry for the thread derail)

I positively am salivating for your Defender port!!!

• Like 1

A ha! I have to try the arcade someday.

Did the arcade originally have a spinner or an 8 way stick? I hit google and see none with spinners.

(I guess it's not the same but would the paddle controllers work for a 7800 conversion?)

The arcade had a joystick that had a rounded plate that the joystick moved around. There was one on E-Bay awhile back, but I remember mostly from working on the arcade game itself back in the day.

The players ship always stops at one of eight positions on the screen regardless how you move the joystick!

This company has an insert that should work great with Gyruss. I'm thinking about doing one for Tempest on the Jaguar!

post-7077-0-30889900-1449122074_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Learn how to program? :D

If I can't find anyone else willing to try making it, I will. Be forwarned though, as I have never programmed anything in my life. Since there are many other things that presede it, it would be likely to ether turn into vaporware, be passed on to someone else, or forgotten about.

• Like 1

Really, Gryuss's basic gameplay wouldn't be that hard to program. It's just fairly sprite intensive... and then there's the music which would be a requirement. Wouldn't be too hard if the 7800 had a built-in sprite rotation routine, but it doesn't... so that's a LOT of sprites to make...

Really, Gryuss's basic gameplay wouldn't be that hard to program. It's just fairly sprite intensive... and then there's the music which would be a requirement. Wouldn't be too hard if the 7800 had a built-in sprite rotation routine, but it doesn't... so that's a LOT of sprites to make...

Mode 7 on Atari 7800 would be epic!

• Like 1

If anybody can do it, I think PMP would be up for the challenge. Oh, and this game demands nothing less than quad Hokey/Pokeys. I'll even take an extended PCB sticking out a sawed off 7800 shell if need be. :grin:

I was never crazy about this game (although I do like both Galaga and Tempest separately) so I don't think I'll be tackling this - sorry guys :(

If anybody can do it, I think PMP would be up for the challenge. Oh, and this game demands nothing less than quad Hokey/Pokeys. I'll even take an extended PCB sticking out a sawed off 7800 shell if need be. :grin:

I don't think he's going to do it though.

• Like 1

@Lynxpro - thank you :)

ReZolve

Defender

Dark Tower

Ms. Pac-Man Twin (this unfortunately will stay this way until all of the game roms are dumped)

(Sorry for the thread derail)

Battlezone...Yeeeees!!!. Will it support two joysticks?

• Like 1

Bob's got quite a bit of backlog on himself right now... so let's not pester him for Gyruss... at least until Defender's out. ;)

Two replies from him:

I was never crazy about this game (although I do like both Galaga and Tempest separately) so I don't think I'll be tackling this - sorry guys :(

ReZolve

Defender

Dark Tower

Even though his unfinished list is 5 games, (with one sounding almost finished) he said he's not going to make Gyruss. I'm just looking for someone who will. ;)

Edited by HawkMines

If I can't find anyone else willing to try making it, I will. Be forwarned though, as I have never programmed anything in my life. Since there are many other things that presede it, it would be likely to ether turn into vaporware, be passed on to someone else, or forgotten about.

I was just being a tad snarky.

But hey, some people actually can learn how to swim when thrown into the deep end. Either way, though, as long as you don't commit to any pre-orders or Kickstarter thingies, we won't expect... much. :)

But hey, some people actually can learn how to swim when thrown into the deep end. Either way, though, as long as you don't commit to any pre-orders or Kickstarter thingies, we won't expect... much. :)

Note: it would have to take 5 years without finding someone else to make it for me to decide to try it myself.