IGNORED

2015 TI-99/4A Holiday Demo Voting Poll

Opry99er

2015 Holiday Demo Contest  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Demo do YOU like best?

• Silent Snowman (by Owen Brand)
    • Catastrophic Engine Failure (by am1933)
    • Snowfall (by Keith Bergman)
    • Traditional (by Tursi)
    • Lost in Space (by Iwantgames:))
    • Holiday Greeting (by Iwantgames)
    • TI Snow Vaders (by Sometimes)
    • White Noise Christmas (by Lucien Baumann)
    • Holy Moly (by Somtimes)
    • Flight of ol' St. Nick (by Owen Brand)
    • Christmas Hermit (by Iwantgames:))
    • Santa's Boat Ride (by Rasmus)
    • XMas Lights (by jedimatt42)
    • On Christmas (by unHUman)
    • TI Holidays (by Iwantgames:))
    • Christmas Day Sledding (by BuckoBrand)
    • Invader on Adventure as Christmas Tree (by Sometimes)
    • 12 O(N^2) (by Fredrik Ohstrom)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just like it sounds, folks.... Vote anonymously for your favorite Holiday demo from this year's contest. :)

(Hopefully the poll posts... my first time)

I will be posting a video shortly showing ALL the demos, back to back, in the order they are listed in the poll. Poll will close on Sunday night, midnight, EST.

***VOTING CRITERIA***

Nothing special....

Vote for the demo that puts you in the Holiday spirit

Vote for the demo that is most technically impressive

Vote for the demo that would look the best on a cassette case insert

Vote for the demo that best represents the TI

Vote for the demo that makes you smile

Whatever you want, there are no true guidelines... Just pick your favorite and we'll have us a winner on Monday morning. I hope to have all cassettes shipped out next week. :)

Thanks!!!

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

Well, I've got to hit the sack. YouTube says I have 40 more minutes of upload time (YIKES) so I won't be able to post it tonight.

If you happen to be up in 45 minutes or so, hop on my YouTube channel and post my new video to this thread for me. :) would be much appreciated.

Hey, thank you for posting the video, sometimes. :)

Watching it this morning, I am overehelmed by the amount of talent shown here. You guys inspire me every day.

Each of the demos has something cool about it.... Theyre all loaded from tape onto our TI, which is (in itself) awesome... But more than that. They all seem to be a 'part of the whole' so to speak. I wish I could spend Christmas day with all of you guys, and now I can... In some small way. :)

• Like 2

BTW, looks like I have another half hour to wait before I'm able to link this video, and (once again) it is time for bed....

http://s830.photobucket.com/user/Opry99er/library/?view=recent&page=1

Should post somewhere in there.... Check back in an hour or so. I have to get to bed, but please--- if you're awake when it is done posting, please link it here for those who are blocked from the YouTube video.

.....to all a good night.

17 votes so far... Whichever demo comes out on top, the community as a whole is the real winner.

We are fortunate to have such talented programmers here, and I hope everyone who picks up one of these demos will be proud to display it and take as much joy as I do in watching it run on real hardware.

The cassette interface is almost forgotten these days with high capacity Lothareks, the HDX, nanoPEBs and emulators... I still find it VERY relevant, as the cassette interface is how I transferred these demos to my TI for testing. :)

Thanks to those of you who have voted, and I hope many more votes come in before Sunday.

• Like 3

Poll is ended!!!

By a hair, "Traditional" by Tursi is the winner and WELL DESERVED!!!!

I don't mind saying, I voted for Snow-Vaders... Primarily because it was just SO "TI-99," and it would have looked incredible on the card insert. :)

Anyway, I will get the final graphics done tonight, get the printing for the card inserts done tomorrow, get them in with the tapes, shrink wrap, package, and should be ready to ship by Wednesday at the latest.

Too cool, guys. Congrats to Tursi, and congrats to you all for your excellent contributions to this demo contest.

• Like 1