IGNORED

TI Program Recorder rubber belt drive?

jedimatt42

My unit is still going strong, which is more than can said for some of my others, I have two Zx Spectrums with the integral tape unit and the bands have had to be replaced on both, I have an Atari XC11, XC12 and 1010 and the belts have failed and been replaced on all of them.

The only other unit I have had no problems with is my Acorn shadow tape deck.

When I was a kid, my father told me that this TI computer would last forever because they made electronics for NASA. I don't know if that is true or not.

Looking at my TI Program Recorder ( which works fine BTW. I was just being a bit chicken :ponder: ), it has 3 power source options. Battery, AC, and 8V DC. Who does that?

It was good to hear the other tails contrasting the TI recorder still working while other vendors didn't do so well.

We benefit from a forgotten art of build quality.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, my father told me that this TI computer would last forever because they made electronics for NASA. I don't know if that is true or not.

Looking at my TI Program Recorder ( which works fine BTW. I was just being a bit chicken :ponder: ), it has 3 power source options. Battery, AC, and 8V DC. Who does that?

It was good to hear the other tails contrasting the TI recorder still working while other vendors didn't do so well.

We benefit from a forgotten art of build quality.

That's NASA for you: triple redundancy :)

• Like 1