IGNORED

Jaguar Internal AV Pinout

SwampFox56

After searching for a long time, I found ↓↓this↓↓ picture which was definitely helpful in pinning the RGB points of the Jaguar.

post-8748-126375075923.jpg

However - I'd definitely like to figure out which of these pins is CSYNC as well as HSYNC. If anyone here can point me in the rght direction, I'd be grateful.

• Like 1

Surely someone who offers mod/repair services knows how to follow a trace on a PCB.

Believe me I tried. However, the metal shield blocking the Jaguar's internals blocks the ability to follow each trace to their corresponding external output. Also - many of the outputs are flipped to the reversed side of the console. You're right, I still should just follow the traces. But the ladder (plus my poor eyesight) just makes it bloody difficult.

EDIT:

Although... you got me thinking. Why don't I just run continuity checks on each pin until I find the one I need?... should've thought of that earlier.

Edited by SwampFox56

After searching for a long time, I found ↓↓this↓↓ picture which was definitely helpful in pinning the RGB points of the Jaguar.

post-8748-126375075923.jpg

However - I'd definitely like to figure out which of these pins is CSYNC as well as HSYNC. If anyone here can point me in the rght direction, I'd be grateful.

HSYNC is on the top pad of L12.

CSYNC is on the top pad of L13.

• Like 4

Believe me I tried. However, the metal shield blocking the Jaguar's internals blocks the ability to follow each trace to their corresponding external output. Also - many of the outputs are flipped to the reversed side of the console. You're right, I still should just follow the traces. But the ladder (plus my poor eyesight) just makes it bloody difficult.

EDIT:

Although... you got me thinking. Why don't I just run continuity checks on each pin until I find the one I need?... should've thought of that earlier.

just remove the shielding, its pretty useless anyway, i took mine out ages ago when i installed a 3 way bios mod ( normal / special bjl / stubulator 94) the special bjl bios has other functionality than the normal bjl bios

Edited by omf

• 5 years later...

Sorry for the late up but I used this photo to put S-Video on my Jaguar and it didn't work.

I used Luminance and Chrominance but cant' seem to find any ground that did the trick... (either the main ground or video ground)

If someone can indicate each point of the cable to each point on the motherboard :)

Thanks in advance ;)