IGNORED

bananas are good.

I have some interesting news to report.

The sprite cards have been all filled up. This means I can't design sprites.

Unless...

They are a letter or symbol. So I designed a fruit fly. I made him a little period. He comes in from a random direction and flies around. To start the fruit fly, press fire. It took me a looong time to figure out how to make a black . on the screen, and only found out that I can actually DO this was an accident.

sprite 0,fruitflyx+$300,fruitflyy+$100,112

makes a fruitfly appear if you set fruitflyx and fruitflyy (fruitflyy being the y position of the fruitfly.)

banana20151206.zip

And it's a game now! (sort of.)

I'm having trouble with jzintv recognizing key presses with my vision-dapter. Only the joystick and the fire buttons work for some reason. I don't know why. I tested the controller with the keypad test and that worked fine, so I don't know. Would someone take a look at my code and tell me what's wrong?

Anyway, it's a lot like the old fly-swatter game in Mario Paint.

banana20151206v2.zip

I added a score. When the score is red, that means you're playing the slow version. A green score indicates the fast version.

Press 1 at the beginning for the slow version, and 2 is for the fast version.

I also made a mockup overlay picture in case I ever get this released.
post-9475-0-18849900-1449517498_thumb.png

banana20151207.zip

I now only give you 4 seconds to hit the fly. Which may not seem like very much time, but it should be. If not, let me know. I also fixed a bug at the death screen where if fire is pressed when you get it and you unpress fire it goes back to the title screen. You'll have to wait a few seconds before you can press fire to go back to the title screen.

Oh, for the music, I just figured out what the notes were and put them in there. I composed the death music, so that was easier. The title screen music is the Yes We Have No Bananas song.

Good choice! I personally would have used this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_D2RUUDc7o

In my head, it always goes like this...

Banana-nah,

Banana-nah,

Hey, Hey, fruit flies!

LOL! :lol:

I tested this out on a real Intellivision. The numbers work great, so it must be the controller I have for the vision-dapter. The colors though are all off on the real thing. I showed it to my mom, and she said the banana was green. But on the jzINTV it looks like the way a banana should look. I tried adjusting the colors and stuff on my TV and it won't look the same way as on jzIntv.

I tested this out on a real Intellivision. The numbers work great, so it must be the controller I have for the vision-dapter. The colors though are all off on the real thing. I showed it to my mom, and she said the banana was green. But on the jzINTV it looks like the way a banana should look. I tried adjusting the colors and stuff on my TV and it won't look the same way as on jzIntv.

each intellivision is different in color. You have to adjust the adjustable capacitor to change the color on your machine to look better. Also board variations can make the color off too.

I don't know how I made the mistake (well, I do, but I don't know why I did what I did), but the website had the wrong binary file in the zip file. As of 8:30 this evening, the correct binary file is on the website. (20151210v2). If you have the earlier one, please download the one I just put on there. And tell me how I'm doing.

My suggestion to improve the game would be to simplify the banana graphic during game play to free up some more sprites. That will get you more flies to swat. If the flies linger on the banana for a bit too long they could eat a chunk of it. When all the banana has been eaten then its game over. At the moment, the game doesn't have enough replay value in my opinion and kinda reminds me of this :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b-7jwaBgA7Y#t=187

OK, I'll work on that. Is there a way to simply and easily erase an 8x8 chunk of the background (the banana) in INTVBasic?

For detecting GRAM card DEF01 in BACKTAB and then blanking it out (not tested):-

#tempY=(spriteY-8)/8    ' Get sprite's row in BACKTAB.
#tempX=(spriteX-8)/8    ' Get sprite's column in BACKTAB.
#what=peek(SCREENADDR(tempX,tempY)) and (GRAM+CS_CARD_DATA_MASK)    ' Get the card at this (column, row).
if #what = GRAM+(DEF01* then #BACKTAB(SCREENPOS(tempX,tempY)) = 0