IGNORED

Slap Me for Stupidity Please (eBay)

wiseguyusa

I bought a light sixer on eBay and paid too much. I thought that I was getting a real bargain on a heavy sixer.

I should have looked closely at the photos, it was a light sixer with the corners broken off.

if it works I may break even, I have plenty of extra shells.

Lesson learned, and passed on to my fellow Atarians.

Amazing what we sometimes miss when shopping the 'Bay. :lol:

Had/have an empty Jaguar system shell listed... guy bought it, must have totally ignored my text and photos, then asks for a refund because he thought it was the complete system. $20 for a Jaguar. Yeah, that was the other clue he ignored. :rolling:

Busted corners on a 2600 though?!? WTF??

• Like 1

Amazing what we sometimes miss when shopping the 'Bay. :lol:

Had/have an empty Jaguar system shell listed... guy bought it, must have totally ignored my text and photos, then asks for a refund because he thought it was the complete system. $20 for a Jaguar. Yeah, that was the other clue he ignored. :rolling:

Busted corners on a 2600 though?!? WTF??

Why a jag is worth 25 bucks. What an idoit. :P

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I'd be buying consoles left and right if complete systems were on the cheap like that. :lol:

post-32978-0-00653000-1449517392_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a light sixer on eBay and paid too much. I thought that I was getting a real bargain on a heavy sixer.

I should have looked closely at the photos, it was a light sixer with the corners broken off.

if it works I may break even, I have plenty of extra shells.

Lesson learned, and passed on to my fellow Atarians.

Link to the auction you bought?

Here is the photo, I am not going to link to the actual listing as I will give the seller the benefit of the doubt.

The good news is that it is a working 2600, so I will pop the guts into an undamaged shell and have a working light sixer to sell.

Dunno how you could have ever thought that to be a heavy sixer. I just checked all the completed atari auctions with the terms "atari sixer" from the last month and didn't find that

system in the completed sales. :?

Dunno how you could have ever thought that to be a heavy sixer. I just checked all the completed Atari auctions with the terms "Atari sixer" from the last month and didn't find that

system in the completed sales. :?

Ad read "Original CX-2600" not "Sixer" it was never purported to be a "Heavy Sixer" it just looked like one at a quick glance with the corners broken off.

Ad read "Original CX-2600" not "Sixer" it was never purported to be a "Heavy Sixer" it just looked like one at a quick glance with the corners broken off.

So it's all on you then. I thought you had bought it under the influence of the seller it was a heavy sixer (even though the pic would have been a dead give away no matter what they said).

EDIT Found the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Atari-CX-2600-Console-ONLY-AS-IS-Untested-Sold-For-Parts-/221940309207?hash=item33acac5cd7:g:nZsAAOSwlV9WRh-u

Helen Keller could tell this isn't a heavy sixer.

• Like 1

The good news is that it is a working 2600, so I will pop the guts into an undamaged shell and have a working light sixer to sell.

If you want to sell the Light Sixer let me know. I have some spare Light Sixer top shells that I cleaned up and repainted the cart slot/switches bezel. I'll give it a good home. :)

post-32978-0-08288200-1449798702_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If you want to sell the Light Sixer let me know. I have some spare Light Sixer top shells that I cleaned up and repainted the cart slot/switches bezel. I'll give it a good home. :)

attachicon.gif14497986611312027865689.jpg

I've got a stash of my own, thanks. I tested it out and it works fine HW Rev. 8 manufactured 12/13/1980 with QC Slip intact.

I would be forever indebted to you (along with Citibank, Chase, ect.) if you could point me to the paint for the trim on the units and the joysticks though.

I would be forever indebted to you (along with Citibank, Chase, ect.) if you could point me to the paint for the trim on the units and the joysticks though.

I use these paintmarkers right here. The brand is Tree House Studio. They sell these at Hobby Lobby. The top light orange is the exact paint around the bezel for Heavy Sixers and the bottom moderate orange for Light Sixers and 4 switch woody bezels.

post-32978-0-08601500-1449802658_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So it's all on you then. I thought you had bought it under the influence of the seller it was a heavy sixer (even though the pic would have been a dead give away no matter what they said).

EDIT Found the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Atari-CX-2600-Console-ONLY-AS-IS-Untested-Sold-For-Parts-/221940309207?hash=item33acac5cd7:g:nZsAAOSwlV9WRh-u

Helen Keller could tell this isn't a heavy sixer.

Is there an ignore feature? You are kind of a douche.

Edited by wiseguyusa

I use these paintmarkers right here. The brand is Tree House Studio. They sell these at Hobby Lobby. The top light orange is the exact paint around the bezel for Heavy Sixers and the bottom moderate orange for Light Sixers and 4 switch woody bezels.

attachicon.gif14498026261431450991158.jpg

Do they have specific numbers of names to identify them? I am trying to make less purchases based on what I see in a photo :)