IGNORED

Jaguar CD repair by Onalok..?

KJ4860

• 2 weeks later...

I am by no means taking up for anyone or taking anyone's side here. All I can do is offer up my story. I had a Jag CD that was not functioning up to par and contacted this guy via AA and we made arrangements to have him work on my Jag CD. I mailed it to him and within 3 weeks had a working Jag CD returned to me. So, despite this unfortunate event I can say that at least one time it is verified that he did what he claimed to do. That is all. I hate to hear that anyone had their items not returned to them. That is total bs.

Edited by galvatronlives

I am by no means taking up for anyone or taking anyone's side here. All I can do is offer up my story. I had a Jag CD that was not functioning up to par and contacted this guy via AA and we made arrangements to have him work on my Jag CD. I mailed it to him and within 3 weeks had a working Jag CD returned to me. So, despite this unfortunate event I can say that at least one time it is verified that he did what he claimed to do. That is all. I hate to hear that anyone had their items not returned to them. That is total bs.

That's BEFORE he went berserk, today don't send him you JagCD.

• Like 2

I bought my refurbished Jag CD from Best Electronics and it still works like new. At the time they had both new and refurb units and I asked if refurb was just as good, I was told the refurb was better because they replaced all the caps and test everything before shipping so they know it works. I got it and it still works to this day! I only paid $150 for it and I still use it today because its really the only CD player I have anymore lol.

I hope that's not the new lowest price available :thumbsdown:

Edit: Although, iirc the price was at $500 ea the last couple years at Best and B&C. May be nearing the last chance to actually get one in this range. Yikes

No, as it hasn't sold it's a high bound on the price- people aren't yet willing to pay US$500. Always look at eBay's sold listings to get a better idea of market price.

An auction for a Jaguar + CD + 2 controllers + 13 games recently went up to US$560, so prices aren't yet quite that crazy.

People are willing to pay close to US$500 for a Jag CD complete in box though. My cat usually has more fun with the box than I do when I buy something new.

I'm thankful for my JagCD players. Only wish there were another resource for people just starting to collect for the system.

$500 is outrageous imo and I'd deem the Jaguar as a lost cause if I'd just discovered it. The price for many items has skyrocketed or they're altogether unavailable so wouldn't be worth it to me. Hopefully VJ will play CDs one day :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What's with the spike?

Is it because tons of people got the retro bug or is it purely speculative?

Pure "speculation" on my part, but maybe it's a passing fad combined with a stale economy. Also, as has been said on here before; when enough of the 30 somethings and middle-agers move past their mid-life crisis years and stop trying to recapture lost childhood, demand may drop.

The big question I have is, why is this old gear still so attractive to so many gamers, myself included? Does the current generation of consoles suck that badly?

• Like 1

What's with the spike?

Is it because tons of people got the retro bug or is it purely speculative?

All things retro are spiking in the last few years. Jaguar seems to have spiked significantly in just the last 3 or so. I attribute a lot of it to the YT videos. Realistically it's likely a combination of several factors, but some consoles have seen much larger increases than others. Even the arcade scene has blown up as the average person discovers superguns. When will the bubble burst? Who knows. Starting a collection of pre-1995 systems at this point is just foolish.

• Like 1

All things retro are spiking in the last few years. Jaguar seems to have spiked significantly in just the last 3 or so. I attribute a lot of it to the YT videos. Realistically it's likely a combination of several factors, but some consoles have seen much larger increases than others. Even the arcade scene has blown up as the average person discovers superguns. When will the bubble burst? Who knows. Starting a collection of pre-1995 systems at this point is just foolish.

And I'd say you can include later systems in that list now -- PlayStation and N64 prices are climbing also as the people who had them as kids are now in their 20's and have money to spend.

Depends on how picky you are for good games nes/snes/genesis games can still be found at ok prices, the problem is when you get into AAA titles even mass produced ones like your marios and sonics the prices seem to fly.

now if you where the gamer that loves retro sports titles, games based off tv shows, and games based off of tv game shows the pre 95 game systems you will be in heaven with a large selection of cheap games to be found at almost every retro shop. Also they got those new blind boxes where they will send you 4 random games a month for 30 bucks....cant be a completest because most of these games have no box or instructions.