IGNORED

So, just curious....where is the Wii U section?

MotoRacer

Of course all of the Wii U posts are in the Wii section. THERES NO PROPER PLACE TO OUT THEM IN!

I mean no offense, but if we're just going to say the Wii and Wii U are extensions of the same family, I honestly ask, what's the difference between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. All they did was change a number.

And yet there are separate sections for both. I'm sorry, but all it looks like is a bunch of butt hurt Atari fans "sticking it to Nintendo" in the most immature of ways. If they had the time and effort put in to put sub forums in for systems PRIOR to their release (based on the post time stamps), it seems impossible to me, unless in purpose, no one could do the same for the

Wii U over three years.

Ok. That's fine. But what's the reason?

I mean, if you guys aren't going to update the modern system names for Nintendo systems out of spite, why not just call it "Nintendo" instead of Wii. At least it would make sense, and then you could still ignore it and feel like you've gotten some sort of ill thought out form of revenge on the company who helped kill Atari. There. Everyone wins.

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 1

If they had the time and effort put in to put sub forums in for systems PRIOR to their release (based on the post time stamps)

The subfora for PS4 and Xbox One were created in mid-November 2013, roughly when the systems were released. At that time, existing threads that discussed those systems were moved into the relevant subforum, hence the illusion that the subfora were created months in advance of the system releases.

By the way, since you wrote "you guys," none of us participating in this discussion is an admin or mod. In case you thought we were responsible for there being no Wii U subforum.

onmode-ky

• Like 1

The subfora for PS4 and Xbox One were created in mid-November 2013, roughly when the systems were released. At that time, existing threads that discussed those systems were moved into the relevant subforum, hence the illusion that the subfora were created months in advance of the system releases.

By the way, since you wrote "you guys," none of us participating in this discussion is an admin or mod. In case you thought we were responsible for there being no Wii U subforum.

onmode-ky

Nah, didn't mean you :). I meant the people running the site. Thanks for the info btw. Have a good one :)

I mean, if you guys aren't going to update the modern system names for Nintendo systems out of spite, why not just call it "Nintendo" instead of Wii. At least it would make sense, and then you could still ignore it and feel like you've gotten some sort of ill thought out form of revenge on the company who helped kill Atari. There. Everyone wins.

I doubt you will find many people on the forum who think Nintendo helped kill Atari. We are Atari fans but we also realise that it was Atari's own business decisions that caused them the most problems.

Did you notice there isn't a PC gaming section either? There is no revenge it's just not a big deal and more important things for the moderators to do. Also many Nintendo threads are in the main "Modern Gaming" section.

Add your Nintendo ID to this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/216296-atariage-nintendo-network-id-list-wii-u/?hl=%2Bnintendo+%2Bid&do=findComment&comment=3143606

• Like 3

I doubt you will find many people on the forum who think Nintendo helped kill Atari. We are Atari fans but we also realise that it was Atari's own business decisions that caused them the most problems.

Did you notice there isn't a PC gaming section either? There is no revenge it's just not a big deal and more important things for the moderators to do. Also many Nintendo threads are in the main "Modern Gaming" section.

Add your Nintendo ID to this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/216296-atariage-nintendo-network-id-list-wii-u/?hl=%2Bnintendo+%2Bid&do=findComment&comment=3143606

I get what you're saying. And no, at the end of the day it's not the end of the world. But they DID go out of the way to make PS4 and XB1 subforums. So, the mods can't be so that slammed, no? Again, it is what it is. Just seems strange to me, is all. PC gaming is it's own beast, so I can understand if it wasn't supported. But the Wii U is a home console, like the other two. Not having Vita and 3DS.. that's ok too. I makes it seem like they're not a focus on this site, which is fine. Just doesn't make sense to only list 2/3 consoles.

Doesn't seem like there is a clear answer, and the ones who can answer don't seem to really want to, I suppose.

Wii discussion is non existant, so having separate forums for Wii and Wii U at this point seems silly. The Wii is dead and even the PS3 and 360 get more new releases than the Wii U. A lot of Wii U discussion has been about the little figurines Nintendo makes and not any games. There is not much to talk about for Nintendo fans, unfortunately. One subsection for Wii and Wii U discussion seems like more than enough to me.

Albert is the admin and makes all the calls. Feel free to ask him.

Personally, I think just laying it out as, "Xbox, PlayStation, Wii", would be enough, but that's just me.

Relabel your Wii category as Nintendo and I'd agree. Then there's an obvious place for modern Nintendo handheld discussion, NX topics, etc.

And generic Xbox and Playstation categories that merge the existing pairs of subforums, as you proposed, would consolidate topics from the past two console generations that really don't need to be kept separate with the traffic levels around here (Not to mention topics like XB1 backwards compatibility discussion that clearly encompass two generations of console hardware). And as a side bonus, it provides a home for what little PSP/Vita/PSTV discussion goes on around here.

Then the general area can be kept clear for topics that don't fit well in any of the three major sub-categories. Multiplatform releases, PC gaming, retailer sale threads like are commonplace this time each year, smartphone titles, Valve's attempt to enter the console marketplace, etc.

Wii discussion is non existant, so having separate forums for Wii and Wii U at this point seems silly.

I agree, but that's why Austin's take on it makes so much sense. It strengthens the Wii section by making it clearly obvious that Wii and Wii U discussion belongs in one place as do DS/3DS topics that often were located in the general area of this forum instead of in the Nintendo Wii section that many of us already treat as a generic Nintendo forum. And if one doesn't yet think GBA & GCN discussion belongs in the classic forum, it then has an obvious home as well.

And with the promise of Nintendo NX hardware in 2016 like almost everyone in the industry now seems to expect, we're about to see a lot more Nintendo related modern gaming discussion around here despite the current end of generation lull that we're seeing with the 3DS & Wii U.

A generic Nintendo branded sub-forum makes it clear where that discussion belongs.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because if you just say "Nintendo" everyone will assume you're talking about the NES. :ponder:

Wii-U Rocks though. If you don't own one yet, what are you waiting for? Lego City Undercover, New Mario Bros U + Luigi U, 3D World, MK8, Smash Bros 4, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, DKC Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Yoshi Wholly World, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, not to mention upcoming Star Fox and Zelda U... :cool:

Did I mention you can play with Amiibos? :P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...