IGNORED

Reggie Interview

omegadot

http://time.com/4142947/nintendo-fils-aime-interview/

Time has some bullets from it. I thought the first one was funny as the verbiage reminded me of a lot of jokes.

"""

Nintendo on smartphones isn’t easy money

“Unfortunately there’s a simplistic mentality out there, that ‘Make a Mario game for smart devices’ is a recipe for printing money,” says Fils-Aimé when I ask about the mindset that presumes Nintendo on mobile is going to crack open Fort Knox. “And it’s not. It just simply is not. It’s that Kyoto craftsmanship mentality that says whatever we’re going to do, it needs to be a wonderful experience for consumers.”

“We know that Mario and his ability to run and jump, to transform based on different items, that’s been optimized for a play-control approach that doesn’t exist for smartphones. And so for us, it’s not simply taking existing games and porting them over to smart devices as the answer. Our answer is to create new compelling experiences that leverage what smart devices do best.

"""