IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Well Halloween 2016 is officially over and there is no Adams Family ST port from CJ. I was really hoping it would happen. Oh well maybe next year. In the meantime I will just play the SNES version on my ZSNES emulator.... and maybe some llamatron on the Jag....

No, but Vladr came back and there's nothing more scary than that :P

• Like 2

How does double dragon play? I know the graphics are terrible, but if it plays ok then that could be something to consider.

Double Dragon on the ST feeld completely wrong in comparison to the arcade version - had it as a part of the Power Pack . The only home version I played that feels right was the Lynx version (despite the larger sprites).

Out of curiosity, you have been able to swap out sounds, would it be really difficult to swap out / include textures? I ask mainly because you have Elite 2 as a work in progress, and the DOS CD rom version has textures, would be awesome to see that version on the Jag. No clue how much code is shared there.

That would be a killer game though.

I am going to have to pick up some cartridges.... I mean I have STs to play all these games, but getting them connected to my living room TV isn't the easiest thing. Wish I could code for shit, I'd help out!

• Like 1

I certainly should have been sleeping when I posted that question. Couldn't sleep, so was reading around the fourums, trying to justify buying Jaguar cartridges over just playing them on my Falcon / STe. I also just got a USB to Jag controller adapter which works great. Too bad some asshat ruined the try before you buy method that we previously had.

Hmm, too bad the renderer would have to be rewritten for Frontier, I think that would be one of the most epic ports. Granted even with the extra speed you could get from the Jaguar, it'll be better than the stock ST version.

Keep on coding, maybe I will get there too, some day.

Wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but if you say so... I was refering to the second best then ;)

:D Well, let me rephrase that. The thing -WE- think he does best. Since not many of us have seen the man pole dancing, I guess coding would be a fine candidate for the spot ;) Edited by af0l
  • Like 1

:D Well, let me rephrase that. The thing -WE- think he does best. Since not many of us have seen the man pole dancing, I guess coding would be a fine candidate for the spot ;)

Is this a hint for his next port? :) Ha, I think the old Artworx Strip Poker 2 was playable via joystick, though with how crap those graphics were even at the time...

Speaking of.. and I know this is off topic, but it would be awesome to have a MAME port for the Jag. Burn ROMs to a CD, SDL MAME has a built in menu system, etc. Not sure how feasible that would be, but it sure would be awesome.

By the way, Flying Shark also used to be one of my favorite ST games.

I also think the best conversion of Double Dragon was for the Sega Master System, it was way better than the NES and C64, which had the belts the same color as the background so it looked like the characters were split in half.

I dont think MAME can be done on the Jaguar. It barely is able to run any decent arcade games on the Wii and you have to think, the Wii hardware is about 4 times better than the Jaguar. It would be a sweet thing to see some Neo Geo arcade hits on the Jag but due to the Jaguars many limitations I don't see that happening. I share the same love for the console and I totally understand you wanting to see the Jaguar do more things but we must keep a realistic mindset and not dream too big.

I do believe the Jaguar should be capable of running Philips CDI games though. The graphics in such games as Hotel Mario and the Zelda games are right there with where the Jaguars graphics were, but I dont think an emulator would be the route to go with thos either. I think each individual CDI game would have to be hacked somehow to run on the Jaguar CD. This is something i want to look into in the future (Hotel Mario was kind of cool) but THIS IS WAAAAY OFF TOPIC SO I AM GOING TO STOP HERE.