IGNORED

Edladdin Controllers - Announcements for 2016

edladdin

He's very active on Facebook, too.

Thanks guys! I don't use Facebook, but I was able to get ahold of Ed through the forum and the customized Super Twin 78 that I wanted is now almost finished being built. :)

• Like 2

I have been playing a bunch of 7800 games tonight with my Supertwin arcade controller . I played Commando all the way through without losing one single guy . When I use any kind of controller with a d-pad my thumb starts to hurt pretty quick . No worries using this . Got great scores in Armor Attack and Robotron also tonight .

• Like 2

I have been playing a bunch of 7800 games tonight with my Supertwin arcade controller . I played Commando all the way through without losing one single guy . When I use any kind of controller with a d-pad my thumb starts to hurt pretty quick . No worries using this . Got great scores in Armor Attack and Robotron also tonight .

Oh man...I need to try Commando with it. Never tried it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ideal but probably not enough space . Needing space for a keypad and start ,pause,reset buttons also . To have a dual twin arcade controller with self centering analogue to play Space Dungeon , Robotron , and "every" game for the 5200 would be awesome .

Yes, the space issue hits the nail on the head. It would be a tight fit to make it all work.

2018 year of the 5200. That thing desperately requires one of your controllers. I don't know how much of a difference gold contacts make in those shitty 5200 controllers so a new stand alone is required.

I totally agree. As soon as the Coleco thing is finally done, the Super 52 will become our primary focus of interest!

• Like 1

The Super Twin 78 is a great controller. Best way to play Robotron on the 7800 and you can use it on Salvo too.

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/16996-my-super-twin/

Also a few 2600 games that use two sticks. Stargate/Defender II is the most significant for me.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/178223-list-of-2600-games-that-use-2-joysticks/

I personally would love to have a dual stick arcade controller with keypad and reset/pause/start buttons . Wouldn't be enough space for a trak-ball . But a supertwin 52 would be great for Space Dungeon and Robotron . And I would think some would like to see a single stick controller for a slightly cheaper option . Let's hope that a self centering analogue stick can be found that could replicate a 5200 controller stick and work with every game .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My customized Super Twin 78 arrived today and I couldn't be happier with it! This thing is built like a tank and plays just as good as it looks! I think a few pictures are in order. :D

The controller unplugged:

W3baJfZ.jpg

And now plugged in with the system powered on:

8nRo5wx.jpg

That beautiful side artwork:

ULArdJ3.jpg

And the very nice stamped metal plaque on the back, showing that my Super Twin 78 is #26. :)

YeXLsZM.jpg

• Like 4

How much for a twin stick just like the one you have pictured there?

What 7800 games other then robotron and time salvo use twin stick?

For mine I paid the standard price on Ed's website, then I ordered the four translucent blue Industrias Lorenzo buttons from FocusAttack.com and had them shipped to him for installation in place of the solid colored buttons he normally carries. The LED lights for the buttons are a tricker matter though, since Ed doesn't normally carry those either, so I ordered a set of these and had them shipped to him for installation (plus another $20 worth of goodies for Ed to cover the extra labor involved in installing the LEDs). All totalled the controller set me back around $200. Unfortunately the button LEDs that were used for my Super Twin 78 are no longer in stock so making another one like mine might be a difficult proposition, but I suppose it never hurts to ask and see if Ed has any other ideas for illuminating the buttons. :)

Wow Jin, it's beautiful!

Thank you sramirez, I sure think it is too! Ed did an absolutely amazing job on it and I've already smashed my previous high score in Robotron 2084 with the Super Twin 78. My old high score was around 1,500,000 and on my second try with the Super Twin I came darn close to breaking 2,000,000. It's definitely the best controller out there for Robotron, and it's been working great with everything from Ms. Pac-Man to Xevious, Donkey Kong, and Pole Position II as well. :)

Edited by Jin

• 4 months later...