IGNORED

Marble Madness 2: Marble Man

DarkSyne

1 hour ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

What hardware did marble madness 2 even run on? Just asking in general 

AFAIK, there is no comprehensive inventory of MM2's hardware.  Having said that:

In all likelihood, it's either one of the latest System 2 titles that Atari made, or is based on (or at least closer to) the Dual 68K hardware. Those are both assumptions made on the basis of when it was in development and testing.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

I actually saw the board inside the cabinet. He opened it and showed it to me. I think it was a G1 board set, or at least it looked similar to that style. It was definitely a double decker board. Big, but not huge. A little shorter in length then a Pit Fighter board though. Mind you, I could have taken a pic of the board. I just didn’t think about it at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supergun said:

I actually saw the board inside the cabinet. He opened it and showed it to me. I think it was a G1 board set, or at least it looked similar to that style. It was definitely a double decker board. Big, but not huge. A little shorter in length then a Pit Fighter board though. Mind you, I could have taken a pic of the board. I just didn’t think about it at the time.

I THINK I found something http://safestuff.com/marbleman.htm

0D737CA4-977D-47CC-8D8E-0D9072FEE56F.png

Supergun question. When you go back to Florida freeplay next November. Can you record a full gameplay of marble man? I just do not see why people can’t simply just record a full review of the game knowing that it’s a prototype! When it comes to marble man all we get is 2 minute videos and pictures. I’m actually curious on how the soundtrack of the game is like. I wanted to know if the tracks sounded similar to marble madness 1. Yeah I’m editing this because damn what the hell me sayin. We going to get a rom so why need to get a soundtrack when u could just go into service mode and see

Edited by Jack the gamer 3

44 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

I just do not see why people can’t simply just record a full review of the game knowing that it’s a prototype! When it comes to marble man all we get is 2 minute videos and pictures.

Bear in mind that in order to make the type of video you're talking about, someone would need to have complete, uninterrupted access to the machine for at least an hour, if not longer.  All machines on the floor are set to free play and are open to anyone to play, so coordinating a time to do this between all parties when it won't disrupt attendees' ability to play the game is tricky.

And, frankly, it may not be something the owner of the machine has any interest in doing.  That's his prerogrative; he's the owner, so gets to decide what happens with the game.  I'm not saying that this is the case, but it is a possibility.

44 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

I’m actually curious on how the soundtrack of the game is like. I wanted to know if the tracks sounded similar to marble madness 1. Yeah I’m editing this because damn what the hell me sayin. We going to get a rom so why need to get a soundtrack when u could just go into service mode and see

Patience.  ROM releases have been held back before due to people getting overly-demanding about them.  I get that you're anxious to see it, but nobody is obligated to release anything, and it would be unfortunate if enough people annoyed everyone responsible for the release to the point where they just say 'screw it' and can the idea completely.

Personally, i would forget about the game, and just ignore any requests about the game,

or information either.

If it makes it out fine, if not, life goes on. No point in constantly speculating about it.

I'd like to see it come out too, but at this point whatever happens, happens.

I've worked on several multi year projects, where people kept demanding to see the work,

or get access to something, but I held out until it was finished, and it was better for everyone that way.

later

6 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Supergun question. When you go back to Florida freeplay next November. Can you record a full gameplay of marble man? I just do not see why people can’t simply just record a full review of the game knowing that it’s a prototype! When it comes to marble man all we get is 2 minute videos and pictures. I’m actually curious on how the soundtrack of the game is like. I wanted to know if the tracks sounded similar to marble madness 1. Yeah I’m editing this because damn what the hell me sayin. We going to get a rom so why need to get a soundtrack when i could just go into service mode and see

I resented message cuz i meant to say I could go into service mode. 

Edited by Jack the gamer 3

On 12/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Patience.  ROM releases have been held back before due to people getting overly-demanding about them.  I get that you're anxious to see it, but nobody is obligated to release anything, and it would be unfortunate if enough people annoyed everyone responsible for the release to the point where they just say 'screw it' and can the idea completely.

Well damm thanks for calling me annoying. ? I mean If u think that’s the case I really can’t help my self alight. If u knew me I’m outa the house with unreleased games and love to explore them. Another guy over here sayin that the game will get old meaning that it won’t seem interesting to me. WRONG! I never get bored with prototype games! Even if it’s hard as hell okay? I still play a rare game called cyber storm today and that game is the hardest fighting game but I enjoy!! ? When i say I’m a retro gamer I Mean I’m a retro gamer! I have been into retro games since age 4 years old. So who ever said I would lose interest keep in mind. Ain’t nothin getting old in my house 

Well, there was a new MAME version for Christmas and MM2 would have been a nice touch. Alas, no so...we move on and not worry about it. Far as over-demanding...really haven't seen anything to that extent except when people were raising money to buy the board from the guy and that was what...like...at least 15 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 6:49 AM, schuwalker said:

I shot a message to the party who took the picture of said owners property - just wanted to ask owner some questions (NOT looking to buy) pin question. Kid you not, The second hand party replied from the owner paraphrasing "he didn't want to be bothered." Just wow.

I will not publicly admit to owning any arcade prototypes :ponder:, but I fully understand this perspective.

Many years ago, I was involved in a non-gaming hobby that has a strong and vibrant online community. I have amassed a significant amount of material (books, etc.) relating to this hobby. Some people have no sense of boundaries -- for example, one person started calling me at home, another person wanted (demanded) to come and use my collection in person. I have spent very much time and money amassing my personal collection, and I can do with it whatever I choose (including who gets physical access thereto). 

Most people are polite and reasonable with those that share their common interests, but there are always nutters and people making unreasonable demands out there. I can fully understand why someone would not want to discuss (or share) their collection with strangers -- I certainly do not.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jhd said:

I will not publicly admit to owning any arcade prototypes :ponder:, but I fully understand this perspective.

Many years ago, I was involved in a non-gaming hobby that has a strong and vibrant online community. I have amassed a significant amount of material (books, etc.) relating to this hobby. Some people have no sense of boundaries -- for example, one person started calling me at home, another person wanted (demanded) to come and use my collection in person. I have spent very much time and money amassing my personal collection, and I can do with it whatever I choose (including who gets physical access thereto). 

Most people are polite and reasonable with those that share their common interests, but there are always nutters and people making unreasonable demands out there. I can fully understand why someone would not want to discuss (or share) their collection with strangers -- I certainly do not.  

Wait are you referring to me? 

No, I have never met or interacted with you. I have no basis to form an opinion. I am generalizing from my experience with other hobbyist communities.

Perhaps all video game enthusiasts are polite and respectful in their dealings with others. 

IMHO, a single polite request is perfectly acceptable (as a negative response); making repeated demands and harassing someone is not. Simply not sharing the details of one's collection prevents the latter interactions at the expense of the former. 

11 hours ago, jhd said:

No, I have never met or interacted with you. I have no basis to form an opinion. I am generalizing from my experience with other hobbyist communities.

Perhaps all video game enthusiasts are polite and respectful in their dealings with others. 

IMHO, a single polite request is perfectly acceptable (as a negative response); making repeated demands and harassing someone is not. Simply not sharing the details of one's collection prevents the latter interactions at the expense of the former. 

Oh okay! Nice to meet you :)

On 1/11/2020 at 1:33 AM, jhd said:

You know why everyone here in this topic just stopped talking? Lol

• Confused 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:52 PM, jhd said:

There is definitely a fine line not to cross. The example I used was just a query from a former owner who wanted to know if that was his former machine; I wanted to ask a question or two myself about the history of his machine. I'm "assuming" the owner was thinking I wanted to purchase his pin.

• Like 1